Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

4x4 V8 w/ T5

Discussion in 'Modified Explorations!!' started by lonestar, October 9, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. lonestar

lonestar Well-Known Member

City, State:
      lou,ky
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      91 XLT, 02 XLS
      I was wondering if anyone has mated a t-5 trans with a V8 302. I have seen some (brianb9) succesfully mate a t5 to a 4.0 using AA adaptors, so I don't see why you couldn't stick a t5 behind a 5.0. I guess it would be something like this: 5.0 - T5 - AA adaptor - BW 1356, but where would that place the shifters.

I have searched for V8 conversions and most seem to stick with the AOD. What about the manual guys.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. tmsoko

tmsoko Active Member

City, State:
      Plymouth, MI
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2010 Adrenalin
      With V8 conversions in Rangers, the T-5 puts the shifter right at the font of the seat. If you have bucket seats and a center console, it may not be an issue, however, the T5 is really not the best trans for the V8.

If you build the V8 at all, and an hook up with the 4x4, you will blow the trans. Unfortunately, noone makes a Tremec 3550 or TKO trans to t-case adaptor, so we are out of luck. I have a stock Explorer 4R70W with the AWD t-case in my conversion. Works well. I plan to convert to either a t-56 with custom t-case adaptor or get the Baumann TCS control system and keep the auto.