• Register Today It's free!

5.0 Cams

BL_Sandman

Reaction score
City, State
Carthage, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer 5.0
What do you guys here think about cams in a 5.0 Explorer? i really would like to see the power gain and that mean idle. :D So what cams fit or what is recommended

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's a 302. Basically just look for a roller cam that suits what kind of driving you want to do with it, there are dozens of choices. Best thing to do is to e-mail a cam manufacturer and discuss it with them.

I've got an e-303 cam in mine, but there are better cams around that are just as mild. I'd be better off with something that didn't move my torque curve up like this one did, but it works fine for highway driving.

You can get a custom grind for not much more money than a generic off the shelf performance cam runs, or there are plenty of good off the shelf cams.

It's a 302. Basically just look for a roller cam that suits what kind of driving you want to do with it, there are dozens of choices. Best thing to do is to e-mail a cam manufacturer and discuss it with them.

I've got an e-303 cam in mine, but there are better cams around that are just as mild. I'd be better off with something that didn't move my torque curve up like this one did, but it works fine for highway driving.

You can get a custom grind for not much more money than a generic off the shelf performance cam runs, or there are plenty of good off the shelf cams.

My cam makes my mounty run like a 2 stroke. Just watch want you get. I have heard that a good tune will bring the torque curve back down though.

347? bored or stroked? but that thing is deffinitely nasty!

Is that with the cats in place and muffler off, or no cats. Did it have turn downs at the time. Pretty wicked. Nobodys expecting an SUV taking off and sounding like that.

Back