5.0 Mustang engine in an Explorer

RoadEnforcer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
I was walking through my school's parking lot on thrusday and I saw that one of my buddies had his explorer back from the shop. I asked him what they had to do to it and he said that the mechanic screwed up his old engine and had to place a whole new engine. I told him to pop the hood and i was stunned by what I saw. I am not sure how many explorers have it but sitting in the engine bay was a 5.0 Mustang engine. I asked for his keys for a test drive and he said alright because he knew how I was into explorers. We brought my friend who owns a 450 horse powered Ford Lightning along with us and even he was surprised by the power that the explorer was putting out there.

If you guys want pictures I will bring my dig cam into school and take some for you, I just need someone to host them for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would like to see them. I will throw them up on my random pics page on car domain. I know it probably pisses them off but who cares. Send 'em when you get 'em.

Yeah I would like to see some pics:D

Well, did he have the 5.0 from the factory or the 4.0? What year and model? Many X's came from the factory with the 5.0, maybe he just had a 5.0 to 5.0 swap.

i think he had the 4.0 v6 awd 1996 expo... i am not real sure though, he doesnt know too much about his car. I will try to get pictures sometime this week.

if he has awd and not 4wd he had a 5.0 stock.

Back