5.0 problem need help fast! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 problem need help fast!

Reaction score
City, State
flint mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ranger
i swaped a 1997 explorer 5.0 in to my 2000 ranger been runing good drove it daily for 3 months now and today i started it up backed out of the drive way took off and it started chugging and poping out the intake it has no power sounds like a tractor so far i changed the coil packs did no good pulled all the plugs thay all look good im geting codes for cam sencer shift slonide A and t/c lock up clutch i never had tranny codes before and the tranny is rebuilt and shifts good any help would be nice. thanks mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

changed the cam sencer dident do any good anyideas?

Hows the exhaust pressure? Getting any codes? Electrical get wet somehow?

exhaust is good got codes for cam sensor and then trans codes ss1 ss2 and epc if i unplug the trans it runs good i changed the camsensor to and it did no good

what are the code numbers? if the trans is stuck in a higher gear due to faulty electronics it could cause it to run very poorly in gear. Does it run better/rev well in park?

i have codes p0750,p0755,p0743,p034 dont wanna rev up in park eather but if i unplug trans it revs up fine and drives fine just dont shift becouse its unpluged and od light blinks

it definitly sounds like you have a transmission problem. im not too familiar with the 5.0 trans, but a search of those code numbers will give you more information about the symptoms and possible causes

no i put the 5.0 and this tranny in the ranger 3 months ago idk when it was rebuilt just know it was

Back