50 Horsepower For 5 Cents............ | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

50 Horsepower For 5 Cents............

i just seen this 10 mins ago an went out there an did it to my 91 with a 4.0 it worked i noticed the difference good cheap tip

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just seen this 10 mins ago an went out there an did it to my 91 with a 4.0 it worked i noticed the difference good cheap tip

Glad it helped. Sometimes it makes it feel like a new vehicle.

I wanted to do this but my throttle open up completely

I wanted to do this but my throttle open up completely

Then this mod will not help. Check out my other vids if you would like.

will this work for the 4.0 too?

about how many ties should i use? 2?

Hm. I will definitely have to do this.
Me and my friends "race" (First one to the speed limit wins, 40mph, 45mph etc.) This will definitely help. :)
Getting on the freeway has never been a problem with me either, but I'm sure it will be easier with this.

I only see one problem with this. Its that the cord can only stretch so much, after that you have to worry about snapping it. What then? You'd have to get a completely new cable and then install that. Thats all that I worry about...

I only see one problem with this. Its that the cord can only stretch so much, after that you have to worry about snapping it. What then? You'd have to get a completely new cable and then install that. Thats all that I worry about...

I think the engine will blow up before that cable snaps.

Well I know what I'm doing tomorrow! I have a '96 XLT 5.0. I would be at work tomorrow... But I'm in the hospital with my wife, we're having my son in the next couple of hours.:D Thanks for the tip!!!:thumbsup:

I had my 300k motor and cable up to 5,000 rpms the other night in some rain drifting / burnouts with this mod ....no problems

Well I know what I'm doing tomorrow! I have a '96 XLT 5.0. I would be at work tomorrow... But I'm in the hospital with my wife, we're having my son in the next couple of hours.:D Thanks for the tip!!!:thumbsup:

Congrats, hope you have a healthy baby!

so no one clarrified clearly.. should i be doing this to the throttle cable and the kickdown...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey this was a pretty cool little mod. i just did it to my 91 ex and though obviously no horsepower gain it was really good for throttle response. thanks

Back