• Register Today It's free!

5R55W O/D band adjustment concern

Hannie

Reaction score
City, State
Apple Valley, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi! I just completed installing a TransGo shift kit and O/D servo fix kit in my 2002 Explorer to correct a flashing O/D Off light. I adjusted the bands according to spec before I replaced the servo to ensure I didn't have a broken band, and checked again after replacing the servo just for good measure. Cleared the memory and took it for a drive, no light, shifts great after relearn. My concern is that when adjusting the band, the adjusting shaft went in a good bit further than where it was at before adjustment, I'm sure because the band was well worn. I've heard a ton of similar stories from others who have done this, but never hear a reply about how long the band eventually lasted. I'm hoping this repair gets me through for a while before I end up rebuilding the trans, I do have adjustment left in the band, just concerned. Can anyone let me know what kind of success they had and what they experienced after doing an adjustment like this? Thanks!

Basically you turn it in and back it out 2 turns. There is also a torque setting on it. If it shift alright and goes into overdrive I would think that you are ok, but that is just my opinion.
Bob T
:usa:

Back