5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

tektoo2

Reaction score
City, State
Maplewood NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT 3.5 V6 4x4
Stolen from the 3rd Gen forum:...

Post up pics of your X's in whatever state you have it in. Modded, Stock, or in-between. Let see 'em

Here's mine that I've just started with. got it in August last year...
'13 XLT

IMAG0965_zps3hznz3ll.jpg

:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking good. What tires and size you have on?? Also did you lower the truck???

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Tires Parada Spec X 295/45/20 - Love them.
Rims 20x10.5
Lowered on HR (flex springs)

Looking good. What tires and size you have on?? Also did you lower the truck???

Thanks in advance...

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Tires Parada Spec X 295/45/20 - Love them.
Rims 20x10.5
Lowered on HR (flex springs)

Thanks Buddy... What you think of lowering the Ex with the HR Springs and leaving the 20" stock rims??? maybe putting wider tires but I have my doubts because i love the 10.5 wheels. make it look great with the truck.

Surprisingly the ride quality was not really compromised much at all. I have lowered on H&R in the past and it was pretty bumpy. I would do it again, rides great still!

How much did it lower it? Change in ride? That much bumpier or no?

Here is stock with the springs on, still looked good. However, tires were sunk in too far, stance was not wide enough with the factory setup. Definitely would have needed a decent sized spacer.

I had 22" on order, then backed out. Would have had to run a 30 series tire and didn't want to have a low profile side wall like that, would have rode like crap too. I love the 10.5 width, +45 offset. Gives a real nice concave look, looks meaty and aggressive leaving a thicker side wall too and it handles like a champ.

Thanks Buddy... What you think of lowering the Ex with the HR Springs and leaving the 20" stock rims??? maybe putting wider tires but I have my doubts because i love the 10.5 wheels. make it look great with the truck.

Here is stock with the springs on, still looked good. However, tires were sunk in too far, stance was not wide enough with the factory setup. Definitely would have needed a decent sized spacer.

I had 22" on order, then backed out. Would have had to run a 30 series tire and didn't want to have a low profile side wall like that, would have rode like crap too. I love the 10.5 width, +45 offset. Gives a real nice concave look, looks meaty and aggressive leaving a thicker side wall too and it handles like a champ.

You are the man. Great pics for comparison. And you are right it looks good with the stock rims lowered but the 10.5 really makes a difference but that clears out my doubts. One step at a time (Springs and then rims and tires).

Thanks again for clearing my doubts out.

Springs first always! Gotta get rid of that wheel gap first, then worry about the shoes :)

You are the man. Great pics for comparison. And you are right it looks good with the stock rims lowered but the 10.5 really makes a difference but that clears out my doubts. One step at a time (Springs and then rims and tires).

Thanks again for clearing my doubts out.

Thanks ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

visualgarage.com

Their site is under construction :( do they come pre-painted? Hows the reception from it. do you find that it affects SiriusXM?

About to pull the trigger on this because the stick antenna is in the way when carrying my canoe on top. Any insight would be awesome!

Thanks again!
Ted

Edit:
Never mind I found my answer...lol
Amazon said:
Top Customer Reviews

5.0 out of 5 starsGood replacement for broken antenna
By John on December 29, 2013

The factory installed antenna snapped off our 2014 Explorer in a parking garage. Fortunately it was a clean break, and the threaded piece could be easily removed from the base on the car. I drove around for a while without the antenna and noticed that it did not affect the satellite radio or navigation - but not having an antenna did affect the FM radio reception significantly. So I researched this antenna in the Explorer forums, and was happy to find it available here. It took about a week for the order to arrive. Our car color is sterling grey metallic and the medium titanium metallic antenna color was a good match. I did a quick test of the antenna before installing it. Parked the car in the driveway and tuned to a weak radio station, with no antenna on the car. Then attached the fin antenna wire using the supplied bolt and checked the radio again - which now had a strong signal. Permanent installation was easy - just tighten the bolt, and stick on the antenna to the roof (after cleaning it well, per the included instructions). Looks really good - a lot better than the long mast antenna. Radio reception seems fine. A better test would have been to have a stock replacement mast antenna to check the radio with that antenna and the replacement fin antenna, but I didn't want to buy another mast antenna just to do a test like that.

5.0 out of 5 starsand gets perfect reception on the AM/FM radio
By Lee L. on July 22, 2014

You have delivered everything you promised in your promotion of this product. It was delivered on time, in the exact matching color of my new Explorer, and it took a total of less than thirty minutes to install. That includes reading the instructions, cleaning the surface, measuring for proper alignment, connecting one wire, and pressing the antenna into place. The result is an appearance of a factory installed item that no longer rubs on my roll-up garage door, and gets perfect reception on the AM/FM radio, Serious radio and navigation modes. Last and so important was the superior service provided by your service representative. A great experience!!!!

Thanks again. Going to get this ASAP!

Last edited:

AM reception is not good even in the city. I only listen to one (all news) for the weather. Out of the city forget it. Doesn't bother me. Got it to clear the sprinkler system in my condo underground, plus looks way better. Can't understand how Ford brought out the new Ex, and put an antenna on it, while other brands had the Shark Fin for years. Antennas are so dated!

Their site is under construction :( do they come pre-painted? Hows the reception from it. do you find that it affects SiriusXM?

About to pull the trigger on this because the stick antenna is in the way when carrying my canoe on top. Any insight would be awesome!

Thanks again!
Ted

Edit:
Never mind I found my answer...lol

Thanks again. Going to get this ASAP!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AM reception is not good even in the city. I only listen to one (all news) for the weather. Out of the city forget it. Doesn't bother me. Got it to clear the sprinkler system in my condo underground, plus looks way better. Can't understand how Ford brought out the new Ex, and put an antenna on it, while other brands had the Shark Fin for years. Antennas are so dated!

I mainly only listen to XM as i hate commercial radio...lol

so if the recept is good for that i'm all in.

Thanks!

Back