5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

I would suggest an AEM dryflow drop-in (#28-20395) instead of the K&N. There have been many reports of the oil on the K&N causing issues with the Mass Air Sensor.
Did you notice any loose rubber/plastic on the filter? I have seen reports of loose pieces in the filter and mold flashing (pieces of material left on from the molding process).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you notice any loose rubber/plastic on the filter? I have seen reports of loose pieces in the filter and mold flashing (pieces of material left on from the molding process).
Nope. Nothing I noticed.

May I ask where you got your light bar? Looks really good
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I found a post where he inquired about curved LED light bar but nothing further. FYI, the Forum has a thread on light bars; 5th Gen w/LED Light Bars..... Unfortunarely some of the pictures are gone because a 3rd party hosting site was used instead of the forum's servers.

Peter

Got the windows tinted today. Looks KILLER! Should have done it a long time ago! Also replaced the factory halogen fog lights with the LED ones suggested on the forum here and they match pretty decent.
345lute.jpg

Got the windows tinted today. Looks KILLER! Should have done it a long time ago! Also replaced the factory halogen fog lights with the LED ones suggested on the forum here and they match pretty decent.
345lute.jpg
Looking good!!!

thumbnail
got the roof rack on a rainy day. looking good

yes but it shows up on my computer but i guess i cant upload it to here
You will have to find a 3rd party hosting site or take out a $20 Elite membership and you can post it right from your device plus support the site. Dead Link Removed

Peter

Subtle little touches. Painted the calipers yesterday. Didn't take long and I think added just a little bit extra to it! Also shows how well the tint matched up!

2008sw8.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel,

Nice job! It's very striking!

Hope everyone is doing well today. Wanted to ask if anyone has added the "Explorer" script to the front hood like what comes on the sport. Been thinking about adding that. I have the chrome rings for the fogs, just haven't decided yet if I want them on or not.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hope everyone is doing well today. Wanted to ask if anyone has added the "Explorer" script to the front hood like what comes on the sport. Been thinking about adding that..................
The 'Search' feature is a very useful tool Robby. Hood Lettering

Peter

Back