5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

The 'Search' feature is a very useful tool Robby. Hood Lettering

Peter
Thanks Peter. I had done a search for "hood script" and nothing had come up. Figured you would know...you are man! Thanks for pointing me in the right place.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Peter. I had done a search for "hood script" and nothing had come up. Figured you would know...you are man! Thanks for pointing me in the right place.
Searching for terms can sometimes be a bit of a game in that members sometimes use various terms for the same thing. Don't give up. ;)

Peter

My 2017 Explorer. Special thanks to @jonnoriega for his posts and upgrades. I used a lot of your posts as inspiration for my own upgrade (i.e. Velgen wheels and H&R springs). Next upgrades are tint for driver and passenger windows and black ford nameplates front and rear.

My 2017 Explorer. Special thanks to @jonnoriega for his posts and upgrades. I used a lot of your posts as inspiration for my own upgrade (i.e. Velgen wheels and H&R springs). Next upgrades are tint for driver and passenger windows and black ford nameplates front and rear.

Looking good, my friend!

Haven't posted in awhile, been gone for some time LOL

20180919_172751-jpg.jpg

Anybody know how to create a media album under your profile? I went here and can't seem to find a "create album" option for my profile.

Media | Ford Explorer and Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

Last edited:

Check the "Join Elite Explorers" tab at the top of the page. I think you have to have an Elite membership for that if I read it correctly.

Peter
Ah, ok, makes sense. Thanks.

View attachment 96513 View attachment 96514 View attachment 96515 View attachment 96516 View attachment 96517 UPDATED. Pretty much finished with the exterior. Now working on true performance. Tune and down pipe next!!!

UPDATE TO MY UPDATE:
@Livernois Performance 2 Pack
View attachment 96513 View attachment 96514 View attachment 96515 View attachment 96516 View attachment 96517 UPDATED. Pretty much finished with the exterior. Now working on true performance. Tune and down pipe next!!!

UPDATE TO MY UPDATE:
@Livernois Performance 2 Package including a Borla S-Type Cat Exhaust.

Re-powder coated my Velgen VMB 6 Wheels and vinyl wrap also re-done.
275AF88B-BC94-440B-916E-923BD19ABA65.jpeg
FF3EE382-A81F-4C69-B93C-C6EFA95BAD04.jpeg
AF1CEA53-CEA3-4889-9BBC-B87FCDAC59BC.jpeg
89A57F0F-EFBD-4B7E-96BD-831EF4409424.jpeg
1A8BEFD5-E26B-4D16-BBFB-DD7C769CF234.jpeg
21ABE314-5CE2-482F-8ED9-154F465B8606.jpeg

Had it a month and a half now.

When I bought it:

tnBLi6f.jpg

1 week after purchased, 5% windshield strip, 20% on all windows, even over the factory tint on all of the rears. Vent visors:

sjICOjo.jpg

LED fogs today:

1eSTvVD.jpg

ctw3LFt.jpg

HNN2uvo.jpg

Bronze fire metallic paint:

gT2X2HQ.jpg

Nice vehicle but from looking at the last picture I would guess the front side tint is too dark and the windshield tint goes too low. Did you check the tint laws in your state before applying it? I think the pinstripe is a nice touch.:thumbsup:

Peter

Nice vehicle but from looking at the last picture I would guess the front side tint is too dark and the windshield tint goes too low. Did you check the tint laws in your state before applying it? I think the pinstripe is a nice touch.:thumbsup:

Peter

Could be. No issues with it where I live. Never have a problem unless you drive like an a$$ here.

Windows look a bit darker when you look at them from certain angles.

yLX5Gvf.jpg

Thought I would post and update. I finally had a moment and installed the Hood Letters on my Limited. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. Here's a before and after picture:

Explorer_Before.jpg
Explorer_After.jpg

I spent the last couple of weeks washing, clay barring, water spot removing, sealing, and waxing my 2015 Explorer Sport. It has 98k miles on the clock. At the same time I swapped out the Ford emblems for a Magnetic/gloss black emblem in the front and a matte black/gloss black emblem in the rear. I also debadged the rest of the liftgate for now.

vI4vTRK.jpg

bxZyfz8.jpg

5QIYbdC.jpg

ffMwzX4.jpg

HN9kbzG.jpg

3x4uNhW.jpg

I have both a gloss black and matte black Sport emblem. I'm looking for a black Ecoboost 4WD emblem about the size of the OEM emblem but I haven't found anything yet. If I find something, I'll use whatever Sport badge matches as they both go with the Ford emblem.

26QbNcg.jpg

Last edited:

Here's our 2011 XLT we turned into a camper

Fwi0XzePkrBqwmOXt1WDznZmwuq5CMPh25uoRv6poUQHhtgb40tdGkszPU_XhzzO2eWVGnTokVpad8VxT_YKqXjVxoI3bN-JysVgovtwg8QsMnoslU7cqJhLP8dMuezMJxMopYktVUmXMv4pMg6IYZ_8rT9WByqkMFyk3-HzPaOzIPDmbWkYF4WnBdrioaTRGuRGrBIt4pfUpuIMbvoDlAtVGydjnkSm6Qa6NoJseyOWpwz3OZhyyDFjd_V5MCyhv8aHXXrbM2E9BGwfcQsc_5fkLaHxu7Icg0k67cT2PI64tMwBgQHkN6SHPlSe89YKQLPpsrl0t8jgOPxlUucIoj_a0UU2e-6Uv4W3xjwPlFrFZ78QrY2xOC-AK2HV5r7i6fc0dooUkwti90tjtvYH36VdscRU50CLOuPJlwKemh5XvZWML3pQaBv5eMsuW-gKb9u6OmBiPu8pBlEXZ_fyKwykojSAZeDeX_nZ9rkpOcD2liOgxoWAQwNeqQMKTrEDajG1UrAZWW4HTZGZFS7fg-pB61hxyBFbgZK58TIXadiom96IK3Ts-Qv2b_zvfi_xw65u4zRRi32hjG7yKMnFs4aCFavPT357QWKgRmzRnSLbGmmq20W-eQ-BmA6Z1D22ugAl2_x9O_Gn-ICg-OuGr-ZQKTGg6IE=w1451-h938-no

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back