5x4.5 to 5x5.5 Wheel Adapter | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5x4.5 to 5x5.5 Wheel Adapter

I have for sale one set of aluminum wheel adapters. I ran them on my Mountaineer temporarily until I got my new wheels. There are 3000 miles on them, and they are in good shape. The only fault is that one adapter has two lugs that have slightly damaged threads. They are not cross threaded, they were put in a box and got beat up. I am pretty sure that a die could fix them. There are no lug nuts that come with these.

The asking price is $200 shipped. I am asking for help, if someone could buy these, I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to sell off my stuff because my house has fallen victim to the massive flooding in North Dakota. My pregnant wife and I are living out of a cargo trailer at our job right now, and any extra cash we can get will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking!

Josh

(I will get some pictures taken tomorrow.)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how did the truck run with them on? did they push the wheels out any? what wheels did you use?

Waiting on pictures

Si

I used wheels off of an F150 with 31x10.5 tires. It did push them out a bit (1.25"), and added a little more wear and tear to my already worn unit bearings. If you used wheels that had 1.25" less offset, you will have no added stress to the unit bearings, and they will not stick out any further than normal.

The truck ran great with them on, but I was just in the market for taller tires, and my F150 wanted his tires and wheels back. :D

Here is the Mountaineer with them on, with those tires/wheels:
S10523651.jpg

S1052580.jpg

Here are the adapters:

Damaged threads:
I would probably replace them, but they may be able to be fixed.
ed2b4862.jpg

All of them:
555116d9.jpg

If the price is too high, let me know.

Also, to add insult to injury with the flood, our basement walls are now collapsing underneath our house.

The price is too high for me, but might not be for someone else...

Sorry to hear about your circumstances... hope you get it sorted out soon

Si

I appreciate that, blueka. I have no idea what will come of it. Its a weird feeling being homeless, with all of our worldly possessions packed in two cargo trailers...

Thanks Turdle, I forgot to mention that.

Ever sell these dude?

Actually, I still have them, they are sitting in the garage. My inbox is full, I will go try and clean it out now. Try sending me a message after a bit.

I just realized my elite explorer had expired, so my inbox was way over full. I got paid up again, so now my inbox is good to go.

Shoot me a message and make me an offer. Thanks!

Back