8000k or 10000k Hids? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

8000k or 10000k Hids?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't want to get involved in this argument, but guys, just stop.
You're here to help the guy decide what to get, not to break out in a war.

And, I actually agree with both of you.
There are halogen housings that work for HID lights from the factory.
However, the second gen explorer housings would probably do very poorly with them.

In fact, I had a Ranger driving behind me with an HID kit, and he was blinding the hell out of me. His lights were so uneven that it was aiming everywhere it didn't need to aim. All my mirrors, through my windows, everywhere but the road. When he finally passed me, I noticed that his lights weren't lighting up the road, but lighting up the trees. Now, that's a crappy HID install, but it's also based on the housing.

Now will you both agree that you BOTH have good points and are correct in a way.

K, thanks.

Thats why I stopped posting, quickly realized that nothing I say will get through. I do however agree that some housings need a retrofit or something additional. I.E. old school cars that require the aftermarket housings in order to run bulbs that they can actually pull out of the back. Usually the most annoying HID installs are the Honda Civics with the $30 headlight housings from ebay, even halogens are annoying in those things.

I agree that we both have our facts, like I said I'm open to both sides and I know the facts of both sides. Again, I stopped posting for the very fact you mentioned above in your first statement.

Thank you for the intervention, and I am not being sarcastic when i say this. It is greatly appreciated.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Thats why I stopped posting, quickly realized that nothing I say will get through. I do however agree that some housings need a retrofit or something additional. I.E. old school cars that require the aftermarket housings in order to run bulbs that they can actually pull out of the back. Usually the most annoying HID installs are the Honda Civics with the $30 headlight housings from ebay, even halogens are annoying in those things.

I agree that we both have our facts, like I said I'm open to both sides and I know the facts of both sides. Again, I stopped posting for the very fact you mentioned above in your first statement.

Thank you for the intervention, and I am not being sarcastic when i say this. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish I could 'borrow' a pair of HIDs for my Explorer before I actually buy some.
I would love to see what it would look like in the stock housing.
Know any 'test HID in your car' places in Toronto? ;)

I wish I could 'borrow' a pair of HIDs for my Explorer before I actually buy some.
I would love to see what it would look like in the stock housing.
Know any 'test HID in your car' places in Toronto? ;)

lol in Toronto not at all. If you were in Georgia, we actually have a set of "test only" HID's that we'll allow to be installed just for viewing purposes.

lol in Toronto not at all. If you were in Georgia, we actually have a set of "test only" HID's that we'll allow to be installed just for viewing purposes.

I swear, around here, you can't get anything for free. At all..

I was stuck in a VW Golf once on the street needing a boost. No one pulled over. Finally someone offered to do it, but he wanted a little reward..

OP, why are you trying to decide between 8k and 10k? Both are far outside the spectrum of useful light, so they will be useless for driving. and as far as show cars go this wont get you very far, including the high school parking lot.

On another note: I have never seen a halogen reflector/refractor housing with an HID light source produce a good beam pattern other than the OEM ones Volvo use to produce.

I dont see why everybody that wants blue hids is automatically considered a high school kid... you dont know anything about me. You have your style i have mine. You like white, i like blue. If your not here to help then dont comment. my thread doesn't say "Please talk **** because i want 8k/10k hids" this is a forum, i came here to ask a question and was looking for answers on which to buy, not to have you comment on why im buying useless light. im not trying to be cool, i like the way they look and if you dont thats to bad you dont live anywhere near meso you dont have to deal with them.

I'd go with 8000k thats what I got on mine

IMAG0117_zps5d5a3d00.jpg

Those look hella legit, those on low or high beam?

I dont see why everybody that wants blue hids is automatically considered a high school kid... you dont know anything about me. You have your style i have mine. You like white, i like blue. If your not here to help then dont comment. my thread doesn't say "Please talk **** because i want 8k/10k hids" this is a forum, i came here to ask a question and was looking for answers on which to buy, not to have you comment on why im buying useless light. im not trying to be cool, i like the way they look and if you dont thats to bad you dont live anywhere near meso you dont have to deal with them.

Nicely stated

I swear, around here, you can't get anything for free. At all..

I was stuck in a VW Golf once on the street needing a boost. No one pulled over. Finally someone offered to do it, but he wanted a little reward..

Damn bro, I'm from Texas but live in Ga now, we're big on southern hospitality

Damn bro, I'm from Texas but live in Ga now, we're big on southern hospitality

Such is life..
Everyone in the city is too fast paced.
And usually us Canadian's get the rep of being a nice bunch.

Do you blind people?
Be honest.

Hell yeah! when I pull up behind someone at night the whole interior of their car is glowing. People are always flashing their high beams at me. Lol

Hell yeah! when I pull up behind someone at night the whole interior of their car is glowing. People are always flashing their high beams at me. Lol

You should reaim your lights man. That is if you prefer too, you'd actually get better light projection if you did or if you ran the project housings for that truck with a 55 watt setup

Back