8000k or 10000k Hids? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

8000k or 10000k Hids?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another way excluding becoming an Elite Explorer*

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

TinyPic
ImageShack
PostImage
Imgur
ImageUpload
ImageShack
ShutterFly
SnapFish
Flickr
PhotoBucket

Or become an ELITE!!!!

=D

TinyPic
ImageShack
PostImage
Imgur
ImageUpload
ImageShack
ShutterFly
SnapFish
Flickr
PhotoBucket

Or become an ELITE!!!!

=D

Elite is the way to go lol! But Flickr is awesome.

Light projection on a wall:

8605476804_3940341052_b.jpg

Further away from the wall

8605476988_306ba9f436_b.jpg

Oh yeah... That definitely isn't blinding anyone...:rolleyes:

It doesn't. Lights are aimed down. In Georgia people, especially cops, are quick to let you know when your lights are too bright. I don't blind anyone. I don't have people readjusting mirrors when I pull up behind them. My TL however, with factory HID's and projectors all aimed properly too gets flashed often

It doesn't. Lights are aimed down. In Georgia people, especially cops, are quick to let you know when your lights are too bright. I don't blind anyone. I don't have people readjusting mirrors when I pull up behind them. My TL however, with factory HID's and projectors all aimed properly too gets flashed often

Where in georgia is your shop?

Light projection on a wall:

Further away from the wall

8605476988_306ba9f436_b.jpg

Here is the picture with 6000k-10000k color temps intensified by 100% in Photoshop (the rest of the spectrum is untouched). Even with the lights aimed down look how high the light reaches...

8605476988_306ba9f436_b1edited_zps93c08559.jpg

I said it before. That is definitely blinding other people. People seem to think that if someone doesn't flash them, or pull over to tell them their lights are blinding, then their lights are fine. But how often do most people flash people for leaving their high beams on or anything else? Certainly no one ever stops to tell people their lights are too bright. You never know when you are going to meet some crazed ####### with a gun or a knife or start some crazy person on some kind of road rage that will end in someone being hurt or killed.

The worst part? Most of that light is a blob in near field that will just make seeing anything harder if that vehicle ever leaves a well-lit city street. As I have tried to explain to people so many times before. Often times, less light is more.

I said it before. That is definitely blinding other people. People seem to think that if someone doesn't flash them, or pull over to tell them their lights are blinding, then their lights are fine. But how often do most people flash people for leaving their high beams on or anything else? Certainly no one ever stops to tell people their lights are too bright. You never know when you are going to meet some crazed ####### with a gun or a knife or start some crazy person on some kind of road rage that will end in someone being hurt or killed.

The worst part? Most of that light is a blob in near field that will just make seeing anything harder if that vehicle ever leaves a well-lit city street. As I have tried to explain to people so many times before. Often times, less light is more.

Most of my driving is done at night in the country far from city lights. Is there a difference between Halogen and HIDs at night whether or not they're projected or not...yes. A huge difference. In a field I light up the area, I can see everything, with regular halogens I feel blind. Everyone has varying opinions. With cars on both sides of scale, I see the advantages and disadvantages of both.

You say no one will tell you your lights are too bright, really?! Maybe you missed my message before this man, cops in Georgia are very quick to respond to lights being to bright. I got my 2006 Acura TL in highschool brand new as a graduation gift and was cited a week later for bright lights (full factory set up). In my truck, none of that. Is it as controlled as a projector? No, not unless I make it a reflective bulb in it instead (ex: D2R bulbs, H4 HIDs w/ built in reflectors). I see the scale put up by MustangP51, I see his point but here's the issue, its showing a spectrum you can't see with your eye if you saw the vehicle in person. Every car does not need a retrofit to produce sufficient clean light but there are those that do, ex: Every honda from 92-2004 and all mustangs from 04-present

I've driven right past Georgia cops with my high beams on. If you got cited for factory lights, then obviously the cops there can't be too smart, nor do they apparently know what levels of light are legal.

Now excuse me while I cook dinner for the kids, then come back later to post some pictures of the beam patterns from a 92-04 Honda or an 05+ mustang (because I'm sure you don't mean the 04 too since it was the old body style and headlamp, which would imply that their headlights must have been good since 94 for the drop in dog crap you want to sell) with an HID kit in them. By the way, you know what that list of cars the NEED an HID retrofit kit need sounds like? The list of the most popular cars for teenagers and college age students to modify.

Besides. YOU CAN SEE BETTER? Who cares about you. Headlights aren't just there for your safety, they are there for the safety of everyone else on the road. And I am the last person you want to tell about driving away from city lights. Do you know how far you need to go away from Atlanta to not be getting some of the ambient light from that city and its suburbs?

Lol such hostility to any opinion outside of yours. No wonder Cody went off on you everytime you spoke to him. I just put the Hondas into the categories of cars that need retrofits, what's the point of posting pictures and oh I'm sorry that I wasn't more specific on the mustang model years, I was just giving examples, that's what EX means sir.

Saying a cop is stupid for citing me because he felt my lights were to bright is well.....stupid. His eyes may have just been that sensitive. And the "crap" I supposedly sell at work lol. The reason I laugh is because once I go against you just as anyone here has your resort to attempting to be offensive. I don't just sell plug n play kits, we sell special order retrofits, and direct factory HID replacement parts. We carry nearly everything. The reason I used the cars I named as examples is because those Hondas are very very common here with HID kits and no matter what is done, they look bad. I named those mustangs because behind the driver seat in the city or in pitch black night, it's amazing. As an approaching motorist or the person they pull up behind, it's terrible! My brother has a 2012, in hate seeing his car without a retrofit.

Well, what can I say. What you are saying is clearly bullshit. Do you want me to pat you on your head and say, "It's ok if you disagree with facts, because you are a special little snowflake who is entitled to spread an ignorant opinion." I never said the cop was stupid, I was just trying to infer that they are not the brilliant walking lux meters that you insist are good at telling you if your lights are illegal. Though, it is pretty stupid to cite someone for factory equipment on a new car that has been certified to meet all federal and state laws.

What is the point of finding pics of cars with retrofits among the examples you gave? Why to show how horrible those retrofits work in those headlights that "NEED" retrofits according to you.

94-97 honda accord - picked because it is one of the more popular honda models
96accordHID.gif

And that is one of the better beam patterns you can get from a Honda
9021Picture_082.gif

No really, they only get worse
DSC_0084.jpg

But wait FIND. You didn't do any mustangs, and those must be low quality kits.

Well, ask and ye shall receive an 06 mustang with a retro-solutions HID kit
DSC00385.gif

Lookie at that glare above the windows even.

But yeah, feel free to keep arguing with me that it is just my opinion that HID kits work poorly, that I am making unfair assessments when I call the things you say idiotic bullshit, and that there are definitely cars out there that work great with factory halogen reflectors and HID kits. I'll just be waiting here for photographic evidence of one. Until you have something substantial instead of just posts about how you work in a shop that sells people cheap aftermarket junk, I'm going to bow out of an argument with a child. Enjoy your graduation gift.

Lol good Lord. You read what you want don't you. I guess you missed the part where I said we sell retrofits and the parts where we do factory systems and the part about the cars that NEED retrofits. Opinions and facts are two different things FIND, learn to differentiate between the two before your monumental ego makes your head so swollen it kills you. Lol. So far on this thread you've done nothing but be the guy who shouts and alls everyone names out of what appears to be a lack of self confidence until now. You finally posted pictures, cute. I think what makes me laugh the most is that you consistently read blindly. Everytime I say some needs a retrofit you turn around and say the same thing as if I didn't. When I say something doesn't need one, you say I'm a "child", "moron", "idiot" a few times I've been called a "dumbass", you alled Cody an idiot highschool kid. Epic. Especially since this thread began with a simple question. You should really learn to not only read but to comprehend what you read and open your mind sir. Have a good day. By the way, you may want to learn about temper control.

P.S.: I don't just work there like most people would. We do the research, we test everything and as stated we do sell retrofits as well.

If you are saying that those ones need retrofits instead of PnP kits, then why are you bringing them up? I thought your whole argument was based on your delusion that there are cars out there that produce a good beam pattern with a PnP kit. Jeez, what the heck are you even arguing anymore. First you say that your lights are good because cops don't pull you over, then you say a cop pulled you over for factory lights, then you say that cop was probably just having a bad day, then you go off on whatever the heck tangent you are going on now. You keep insisting you guys do research, testing and are experts on the subject, but you haven't posted anything but "Well that's just your opinion." Facts are facts. This is purely a matter of geometry. You cannot design a compound reflector that projects a specific beam pattern without knowing the exact intensity and orientation of the light source. Changing the size, location and intensity of the light source will give you a different beam pattern from that compound reflector. Go to a community college and take a physics or optics class or something, you might learn something if you can shut your mouth long enough to realize that you don't know a damn thing about the crap you have been spouting.

Or do you want to tell me that math is just my opinion as well?

Do note: I can't possibly have been unfair to you. I have asked repeatedly for you to post evidence to back up any of your assertions, and I have offered anything you want to justify my position. Why did I call you a child? Because you are acting like a bratty little child. Yes, I have said things you have been saying are idiotic. Why did I say that stuff like what Cody wanted are only for idiot highschool kids? Because once you are a bit older and more mature, you grow out of crap like that and start wanting things that are functional. If I hurt your delicate little feelings, well, grow a friggen pair. I call them as I see them, I don't see any need to sugar coat everything to protect everyone's feelings in some politically correct utopia where even the stupid crap people say gets just as much respect as everything else.

Can you two cut it out?

You're arguing over lights.
You each have your own opinion and are clearly stating that.

If he wants to run HIDs in his projectors, let him, it's his car.
If you don't like it, call the local police department and ask about the legality of it and report him.

Stop arguing over the internet.

Lol Inhadnt posted anything smh. At this point I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall so I'm doing what is known as ending an argument. By the way, I just graduated college with honors in mechanical engineering. Physics isn't an issue. Have a good day sir

I see the scale put up by MustangP51, I see his point but here's the issue, its showing a spectrum you can't see with your eye if you saw the vehicle in person.

Every car does not need a retrofit to produce sufficient clean light but there are those that do, ex: Every honda from 92-2004 and all mustangs from 04-present

diesel_s

All the light you see in that picture is visible to the human eye.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/ba/PlanckianLocus.png

The first part of your second point I will agree with, you can get sufficient light out of reflector housing, however it is absolutely and completely incorrect that this is clean output. If the housing was designed for one light source, and one focal point (two if its a dual filament bulb). Switching to an HIDs changes that focal point and it is IMPOSSIBLE for a flat filament and a round globe of high intensity light to share the same focal point. If the focal point is anything other than what the housing was designed for it will not put light downrange in the direction it was intended.

I put 3000k in mine glare is not nearly as bad as with the blue

DSC_0278_zps96068190.jpg

Back