'86 Bronco II Eddie Bauer Restoration.... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'86 Bronco II Eddie Bauer Restoration....

Completed and work wonderful. I wouldn't have drum breaks for nothing after having these on the rear!

100_6603.jpg

100_6602.jpg

100_6601.jpg

100_6600.jpg

100_6599.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice work! Talking about getting more flex from your front end, be careful, it looks like your axle shaft is hitting the passenger side beam at full flex (window the passenger beam for clearance)

Why did you have to cut off the first notch of the tire carrier latch? to clear the tire mount after it was flipped upside down?

I had Courser tires for 3 sets, for the $$$$ they are WODERFUL tires

Nice work! Talking about getting more flex from your front end, be careful, it looks like your axle shaft is hitting the passenger side beam at full flex (window the passenger beam for clearance)
Yea, that is on my short list of things to do.

410Fortune said:
Why did you have to cut off the first notch of the tire carrier latch? to clear the tire mount after it was flipped upside down?
So the carrier would latch after it was flipped. The part I cut off was hitting the tire and not allowing it to latch. It is much nicer with the tire lower.

410Fortune said:
I had Courser tires for 3 sets, for the $$$$ they are WODERFUL tires
The Courser M/T's are awesome tires. I wanted something that was good on the street and off road.

I put large nuts and washers between the tire mount and the swing carrier, to clear the tire, never thought about cutting off the "safety" latch! LOL

I put large nuts and washers between the tire mount and the swing carrier, to clear the tire, never thought about cutting off the "safety" latch! LOL
When I cut it off, I welded in a stop for the latch. It bounced open on me 1 time before I put the stop in. Now it wont bounce open.

looks good so far keep up good work

Thanks...

badly..

i cant see the pics.. photbucket did they kill?

Back