Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

86 Ranger 4x4 5 speed 2.9L swap for a 302.

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by Fc1wrestler, November 14, 2010.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Fc1wrestler

Fc1wrestler New Member

City, State:
    Indiana
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1986 ranger
    I have an 86 ranger 4wd with a 5 speed manual trans i want to swap it for a 302 small block but i want to keep a manual in it and keep it 4wd i was leanin towards a c-4 but not sure i want the 302 to be carburated but i need some help with some questions will i have to change my driveshafts and transfercase i was thinkin i might but i think im just thinkin to hard about about all the stuff i need to change so any info will be extremely appreciated thanks

Last edited: November 17, 2010
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars