Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

90's Sports - Loose rear seats

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by MOUSIN, October 8, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. MOUSIN

MOUSIN Active Member

City, State:
      Down South
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1997 Explorer Sport
      What's the deal with the rear seats in the Sport. Perhpas it's just my truck, but why in the heck would Ford make the seats so loose. It's like the bottom portion of the seat isn't locking securly.

It's no big deal until I have my nephew back there in his car seat. If I have to make a quck stop, the loose seat causes his car seat to jerk. I'm concerned that this isn't safe.

Do I have deffective seats or is this the way Ford made them?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Yomie

Yomie Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Biloxi, MS
      06 Toyota
      my '97 sport is the same way, its like you can pull up on the rear of the seat 4"-6" and it wil swing forward a bit, i think this is a RETARDED design and have had a few people get 'dumped' out of the seat a few times, one of them being a lil kid.

its like only the back of the seat gets locked into position while the bottom is just hinged to the top, it doesn't lock to anything

any insight anyone?

4. Alec

Alec Elite Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      2008 JK
      Same with mine, they can move about 3" forward before they're stopped by their connection to the seat back.