91 explorer 4wd ..need lift help please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91 explorer 4wd ..need lift help please

arenivar619

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer
Hey guys. Need some noobie help. Im lifting my 91 ex 4 inches.. Got all the dropdown brackets .. So far..
Just need to double check what else i need ..
Obviously . Shocks
Coils#
And what do u guys recommend to lift the back ?..#
Please .. And thanks#

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you could do a add a leaf in the rear and shackle for 4" or spring over axle for 6" and have little rake. for shocks the stock rears should work i took off the sway bar and mounted them where it bolts to the axle more inwards than stock, and for the front shocks i got f250 shock mounts and longer shocks theyre 32" extended

oh and the stock driveshafts will work fine

hmmm, for the rear get warrior shackles and a skyjacker heavy duty AAL---in my opinion it gets you the most lift out of an AAL. for the front you will also need a drop pittman arm and a steering stabilizer is highly recomended. Make sure you get an extention or get a thick bump stop installed on the drivers side. Besides that you already sound like you know what you need!

Thanks guys .. Thats some big help ...
Although im not trying to lift the back a whole lot maybe just 2 inches .. I
Trying to go for that cali lift .. So adding a. Leaf would be a quick easy way right ?.. Will i need to buy longer u bolts ?..

I would recommend the shackle/AAL combo.

With your old leaf springs in the back I don't think you'll net 4" in the back so you can keep that reverse rake you're looking for.

Also search for homemade shackles on here. You can design your own and make them a little shorter to get the lift a little smaller than you want.
The AAL kits from Summit and the like come with everything you need.

Beyond that, ditto to what the other guys said.

With your old leaf springs in the back I don't think you'll net 4" in the back so you can keep that reverse rake you're looking for.

Also search for homemade shackles on here. You can design your own and make them a little shorter to get the lift a little smaller than you want.

Thanks man ill take a look around see what ill end up doing .

i agree with what he says about the AAL and the shackles to get the right amount of lift. As for the front u can go 4" coils or 2" coils and 2" spacers to get that...

they arent cheap at all, but go with deaver explorers leaf pack. g50e
shackles, add a leafs and axle flips in my opinion are lame. are you gonna dd this, offroad it, or just a little of both?

they arent cheap at all, but go with deaver explorers leaf pack. g50e
shackles, add a leafs and axle flips in my opinion are lame. are you gonna dd this, offroad it, or just a little of both?

Its gunna a lil bit of both ... Im not thinking of any extreme offroad so im just trying to go with something simple ...

Back