Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

91 explorer body and transmission/ 94 engine

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by kumar_svt, April 14, 2015.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. kumar_svt

kumar_svt New Member

City, State:
      East Los Angeles, CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1991 Ford Explorer 5SPD R
      I got a used 94 explorer engine for my 91 explorer. The engine was incomplete, because the intake manifold didnt come with it; so i put my old 91 intake manifold on the 94 engine. Everithing bolted on right. Plugged up all electrical, but i didnt lable the vacuum hoses to where they go and join together with "t" fittings. I turned it on, and its alive. The only problem it idles at 1500 and it goes down alittle after i let it warm up, but when i accelarate; the rpms go up to 2000 and stays there.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. alfilrey

alfilrey New Member

City, State:
      San Luis Sonora
      1992 Ford Explorer
      REVIEW OF NEW CONNECTIONS HOSES VACUUM CHECK THAT ARE NOT BROKEN; ALSO, FOR THAT, YOU SHOULD INSPECT IAC VALVE, IS LIKELY TO BE THAT FAILURE TO HAVE. IF YOU CAN DO IT, remove and clean it.

4. xplorernewb

xplorernewb Active Member

City, State:
      washington state
      91 ford explorer sport
      check your throttle cable from the tb to the pedal to make sure it isnt binding or stuck under the carpet if you have it. seen that happen a couple times