Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

91 X EB, A4LD TV cable adjustment

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by Damone Moore, February 28, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Damone Moore

Damone Moore New Member

City, State:
    Inkster, MI
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    91 Explorer Eddie Bauer
    Hello everyone. I have a quick question. I have a 91 X EB, A4LD, and I noticed that the TV cable next to the throttle cable has a significant amount of slack in it, and I believe is the culprit behind why the truck is shifting very soon in first and second gear. How do I tighten the TV cable for this model? I can't find any pics in this forum with cables in the location that mine are in. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated... Damone.

IMG_20190228_140854.jpg

IMG_20190228_140916.jpg

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. FR-425

FR-425 Used to be a road here. Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    Phoenix, AZ.
    1994 Explorer Limited

• Like Like x 1
  4. 410Fortune

410Fortune Firewood Season Staff Member Moderator

City, State:
    NORTH IDAHO, 7B
    B2 Slightly Modified
    Correct, the kick down cable has an adjuster at the firewall, engine side of things. It is a black housing with a grey button and is self adjusting. So you press the button pull the cable housing all the way out, then when you depress the throttle pedal SHOULD hear it click click click as it adjusts and locks into its new position.
    Also to remove excess slack from the kick down cable and throttle cables you can use some zip ties or led pinch style fishing weights on the cables at the top of your throttle pedal

• Like Like x 1
  5. Damone Moore

Damone Moore New Member

City, State:
    Inkster, MI
    91 Explorer Eddie Bauer
    Thanks 410 Fortune. Preciate the info and the extra tip.