1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

'91 X Leaf in the ductwork??

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by Tony H, December 12, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Tony H

Tony H Well-Known Member

City, State:
      New York, Wading River (that's on Long Island)
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '91 Eddie Bauer
      WIfe starts to pull down the driveway this morning on the way to work. Gets halfway down the driveway, throws it in reverse and tares back up with the windows open.
      Any way I get in the car and it smells like burning. She said smoke was billowing out the vents. She grabs the other car and she's gone.

Anyway, yeah it smelled in there. Smelled like burning paper or leaves..not plastic or rubber. No smell under the hood just out of the duct work in the car. What are the odds that we picked up a leaf in the air system and it got hung up by the Blower Resistors and caught on fire?

I drove the car around for a few miles and nothing. I hate the mystery...it's our daily driver. I rather fix it on my day off rather than get hung up Monday.
      Any thoughts?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.