For Sale - '92 Sport Supercharged, Lifted (4"), 5 speed Manual, 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale '92 Sport Supercharged, Lifted (4"), 5 speed Manual, 4x4

Makahveli

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport and AMG 300CE
2207350043_large.jpg

2207350032_large.jpg

2207350029_large.jpg

2207350031_large.jpg

Yeah fellas been a great 12 years, but truthfully I haven't drove the explorer much the last 4 years at about just 5k miles total why little driving? For one I have 4 vehicles currently and of course I'm just one person. Many upgrades here as if I don't get a good reasonable offer I'm considering a part out. Pics and more description will be added later of the good and the bad. Brief description can be seen in signature and that is the ex in my avatar...... My uncle has begged me for the rims so now I looking for possible replacements.

Here's my car domain page...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/220735/1992-ford-explorer-sport/

So it starts up immediately and drives fine and aggressively. Problem is that it isnt passing Colorado emissions and they are almost as strict as California. It has a sct eliminator flip chip that holds 3 programs plus stock so that's 93 and 87, and a so called emissions tune that was done at an sct certified shop. About the engine well when I bought it in 2002 I was told that and the guy had paperwork showing that the engine was rebuilt and installed at a ford dealership and I took it to my local dealership to confirm it and they said it was all legit. It had 105k on it when I bought it and now is at about 135-140k miles that is. About 7 years ago it had issues running and found out one of the heads was cracked so in the thought of doing the job I started gatherings parts for a top end rebuild that took about 2-3 years of gathering and installing and custom work and got it altogether and dynotuned at the shop I mentioned above. They tuned it, took it to the emissions place and passed it for me but two years later emissions due again I took it to them telling them it failed they charge me nearly $900 in labor (after paying over $2500 two years earlier) in to tell me the problem is internal, thinking bottom end. So I parked it at the side of the house planning to get to it but never did. I was just gonna rebuild it myself as I actually bought another block I was gonna start from scratch with in the trunk right now. A lot of new parts and accessories on the ex. Price......well that's the hard part.....I'm still unsure what would be worth it. I might put on some other tires and rims and a lower end sound system in it to ease the price maybe....

Okay here's the list of performance goodies...

Paxton SN2000 8PSI centrifugal supercharger kit with bypass valve already installed
Snow water methanol injection kit
SCT Eliminator 4 Program switch chip
Screaming Demon Coil Pack
K&N cone style air filter
Granatelli MAF housing for more air tuned with Diablo Mafia Extender
BBK 65mm throttle body
Lower intake Manifold ported by professional
95tm heads with port work, not sure of how much porting was done
30lb Ford Racing fuel injectors
190lph fuel pump upgrade
422 Comp Cam camshaft along with dual valve springs and retainers (the good ones)
Borla stainless steel headers and y pipe
Magnaflow high flow catalyst convertor and piping
Borla stainless steel muffler
And a higher amperage alternator I got from napa

Drivetrain Upgrades:

Rear end has ford racing 4.56 gears on an Auburn Gear Pro Series Limited Slip Differential and the stock still is open stock style but with Precision Gear 4.56 gears and Warn manual locking hubs. At the time I did gears I planned on eventually getting 33-35" tires.

Suspension upgrades:

Front suspension is a 4" Superlift setup mainly of the coil springs, drop brackets, extended brake lines, and super runner extended radius arms. Pro Comp Steering stabilizer and Bilstein 5100 series shocks both at front and rear. Rear suspension is trickier but I promise this is the most leveled explorer I've ever seen. Skyjacker ranger 4" lift spring (1.5-2"s on the explorer), warrior shackles, and an add a leaf. Rides very comfy unless you put the foot to the metal...good torque.

Interior.... We'll I removed the carpet and undercoated the flooring tinted all windows to 20% and that includes the factory tinted rear windows. Has a sun/moon roof which ever it is. Pioneer mp3/USB/cd/aux stereo deck, with all speakers running off of an aftermarket deck. Dynamat applied to rear door. Front seats replaced with low profile jeep style bucket seats. Auto dimming rear view mirror with compass and temperature display. Viper alarm installed. CB radio and also a boost gauge and pod setup. Front speakers are of a nice component setup.

Exterior.... Class 8 towing hitch, DeeZee polished Nerf Bars, front chrome grille guard with auxiliary light mounts, Lund windjammer , mustang functioning hood scoop, autoshade window vents, and been using wheel adapters the last few years to fit f150 rims on this ride. Front clear corners and tinted covers on tail lights.

And also some of those pics are outdated as the supercharger unit I have in it now is a lot newer, and more work have been done to the engine. I'm an honest man so I'll mention the passenger door lock was pulled out by a thief that broke into the truck years ago. But it is power everything and also has a sun or moon roof which ever it is. Had a problem the first few years I got it as I didn't shut the hood tight and a good gust of wind forced a tweak between the hood and cowl but since then opens and shuts fine.also it needs new rear brakes, I been putting it off as I planned to put on a rear disc brake setup in the rear. Light oil leaking from rear mail seal.

I'm unsure what this would be worth but I think I'll start the asking at $4000 OBO. Feel free to entertain offer as we'll.....

Some goodies to send along with the explorer are extra engine block with factory heads still mounted in trunk, brand new set of engine motor mounts, indigo instrument gauge cluster(the colorful ones), ford 1992 explorer, ranger, Aerostar factory master manuals that cover body, suspension, drivetrain, wiring, and othe diagrams...thick books. Front dual shock kit by skyjacker, Superlift radius arm drop brackets for stock radius arms, KKM or S&B air filter, and maybe more that I just can't think of right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Feel free to ask questions......

How much are you asking?
Pictures? Especially of the supercharger setup?

P.S If you part out Id probably be interested in the supercharger

Benjam :D

Update here, I forgot how to post pics on here.......sorry!

Okay, pics and info updated

Hey, im very interested. If you don't mind maybe just texting me though?

Just north of you in WYO

Ttt

is this still for sale?

Yep

Still for sale....!!!

Wish you lived closer. Good luck with sale.

Come on fellas, the idea of parting this out is starting to get bigger and bigger!!!

Good news, found a brand new lower half crate motor from factory at a great deal to swap in, build to begin soon, and if I like it enough sorry it won't be for sale any longer but center force dual friction clutch and more upgrade goodies to add now

Hate to do this but it's been a long good 15 years and time to move along. I'm announcing a part out, feel welcome to still offer up for the entire truck though. I have a brand new ford factory 4.0 crate motor with 0 miles on it. If offers don't move me I may consider keeping the super charger unit and snow water methanol setup for my other vehicles. Please contact me best text message at 7204276613, it does in and start up just won't pass the state emissions with the older motor still in it with the 422 cam and borla headers.

I'm looking for a 422 cam and borla headers

Hello Explorerforum, I'm posting this so all will know of some key things I'm parting with...sorry if this isn't allowed I will renew my subscription soon and properly post these in the parts section with prices when my funds look a lil better. It would be nice to still get a solid offer for the whole truck.

Performance:

Brand New Non Refurb 0 Miles Ford Factory 4.0L OHV Assembled Engine Block Never Installed
Paxton Centrifigal Supercharger System
8psi with tubing, brackets, and bypass valve for Ford 4.0 V6, Honestly I'm thinking of keeping the unit itself but all else for sale for sure
K&N Cone Filter
SCT 5-program Flip Chip
Granatelli MAF with Diablo Mafia Extender
tuned for 30lb Injectors
Ford Racing 30lb Injectors
BBK 66mm Throttle Body

Screamin Demon Coil Pack
Comp Cam 422 Camshaft with Pushrods from Smith Brothers
Port and Polished Lower Intake
Manifold done by professional
Port and Polished (light to mild) 95tm Heads machined with Dual Valve Springs Installed
Borla Stainless Steel Headers with Y pipe
Magnaflow High Flow Catalyst Converter
These are factory bolt on
Borla Stainless Steel Muffler
New Ford Factory Motor Mount Set 4.0L Engine

Drive train:

Auburn Pro Series Limited Slip Ford 8.8
Ford Racing 4.56 Ring and Pinion Gear Set for Ford 8.8
Precision Gear 4.56 Ring and Pinion for Dana 35 Reverse
I would prefer you buy the entire pumpkin and save on resetting the gears
Warn Manual Locking Hubs
1 1/2" Wheel Spacer set (2)
2" Wheel Adaptors to fit 5x135
(late 90's to early 00' f150's and expeditions) Wheels to 5x4.5 Hubs Heavy Duty Built

Suspension:

Front End:
Front End Various Lift Components Mostly Superlift for 2", 4", 5.5", and 6" Lifts
Superlift Driver and Passenger Side Axle Pivot Drop Brackets for 4" and 5.5" Lifts
Superlift Streetride 4" Lift Coils
Superlift Prerunner Extended Radius Arms and Brackets
Superlift Factory Radius Arm Drop Brackets
Ford F-150 Coil Spacers gives a 1 5/8" lift
I think Skyjacker 4"-6" Drop Pittman Arm
Never Used or Mounted Skyjacker Dual Shock Mount Kit
Bilstein 5100 Shocks low miles valved for 4" front lift

Rear End: I must note I never performed a SOA or Spring Over Axle Conversion
Skyjacker Softride 4" Lift Leaf Spring like new FR34S
(4" for Rangers, 2.5"-3" for Explorers)
Warrior 153 1.5"-2" Lift Shackles
Bilstein 5100 Shocks low miles valved for 5" rear lift

Electronics:

Multicolored Indiglo Illuminated Dash Cluster
Autometer Boostgauge with OEM look A Pillar Guage Pod
Basic old Cobra CB radio
As Stated in Preformance SCT 5 program Flip Chip

Exterior Pieces:

KMC Bofa Rims in Nitto 305/40r22 (may already have a buyer)
1 1/2" Wheel Spacer set (2)
2" Wheel Adaptors to fit 5x135 (late 90's to early 00' f150's and expeditions) Wheels to 5x4.5 Hubs Heavy Duty Built
Lund Tail Light Covers
Lund WindJammer
Lund Hood Deflector smoked
Autoventshade for 2-door Sports windows smoked
Chrome Grille Guard
(goes around front corners too)
Mustang Black Hood Scoop (got alot of compliments and it was functional too)
Trailer Hitch I believe Drawtite Class 8 I think, High Grade
Dee Zee Nerf Bars Stainless Steel?

I'm looking for a 422 cam and borla headers
Sorry for late response, you are first in line if you still want them

Are the black fender flares still in decent shape? If so I would be interested in taking them as long as you are parting out.

Sorry for late response, in the springs....cool anything else you may want being local somewhat?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry for late response, in the springs....cool anything else you may want being local somewhat?

No worries!

How much would you want for the flares?

I may also be interested in the trailer hitch. What kind of shape is it in? Is it a 2" receiver? Does it hind behind the bumper or hang below the bumper? How much?

Is the Borla muffler bolt on? How much for that?

I could always meet you halfway, though I won't be able to until maybe sometime next week.

Back