Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

92 xl clutch swap

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by jgbryant1982, July 25, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jgbryant1982

jgbryant1982 New Member

City, State:
      innisfail alberta
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      92 xl 94 xlt
      hi i am new to the forum i was just wondering if anyone has changed clutches on there explorers and how dificult it was i just got my 92 and replaced a head and head gasket took it out for its mayden voyedge after the work and cooked the clutch i am not a mechanic but am prety handy with a wrench thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. greenexpolorer

greenexpolorer New Member

City, State:
      pinckney, MI
      94 ford explorer sport
      welcome and i would say get a clutch kit and slave but it is not all that hard i did it but two people make it easyer

4. Ageman

Ageman Active Member

City, State:
      Buena Park, Orange County CA.
      '92 5 speed 4x4 Explorer
      I have only one tip. There should be a plastic ring around the hdyro line. The tube from the resevoir to the trans. Push it in with a little screw driver and slightly pull on it, it will come out. I was extremely ticked off and could not figue how to remove it until I did this.