Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

92 XLT help!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by slammin, September 30, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. slammin

slammin New Member

City, State:
      pittsburg, ca
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      92 XLT
      Hello X owners,

I recently bought a 1992 XLT with 100,000 miles a few months ago. It was well taken care of. A few minor malfunctions have come up recently and maybe someone can help me out. They are:

1. The right rear signal flasher light does'nt work. I check the flasher fuze and its fine. The rear lights work fine. The left signal rear light works as well. What might be the problem?

2. The Air Con is no longer cold (not like it was too cold to begin with). What type of service do I need to get the AC to work cold again?

3. The idling sound coming from under the hood (whining) is louder than ever. In general, I know Explorer's have somewhat of a loud engine idle but this is embarrassingly loud. What could it be?

Hope you can help
      Sam
      novice mechanic/new explorer lover!
      rhythmslam@attbi.com

Hope these ques

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. MrShorty

MrShorty Explorer Addict

City, State:
      Spanish Fork, UT
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      92 XLT and '87 Bronco II
      1) The bulb in the rear has two elements inside the bulb, one for the tail light and one for the signal/brake light. Unless you've pulled the bulb and verified that both elements are good, that's the first place I'd check.

2) Probably just low on freon. If you're taking it to someone, a basic A/C service should confirm that for you.

3) Hard to say. With the engine off and cold, grab the fan and see if you can turn it. If not, then maybe a new fan clutch will help. I just recently replaced my fan clutch and my idle grew louder because now the fan spins faster than it did.