• Register Today It's free!

93 Explorer Crank, no start

RachelleHinkle

Reaction score
City, State
Medford
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi everyone! Really hoping to get some help over here! Long story short, my fuel tank was contaminated. No crank, no start. Inertia switch is good. I dropped the tank, cleaned it out and replaced the fuel pump harness and in line fuel filter. Still wasn't getting anything. It sat for a while and the starter went bad, so I also replaced the starter and a new cylinoid. Crank, no start, no presser at Schrader valve. I then replaced the fuel injectors, rail and FPR (bought all together from a yard). New gaskets and orings. Still nothing. Coil pack is giving good readings with key "on". Injector plugs are giving me readings in "on". I think I've checked all the fuses and plugs... Anyone got anything?!?!?! TIA!

20190105_100059.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Your other thread was deleted because it's the same as this thread. Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key? Do you see a check engine light? Did you check the PCM/fuel pump relay? Do you hear the pump prime when you manually turn the engine with a breaker bar or a ratchet? Did the CPS or a vacuum line get disconnected?

Fuel pump primes, I checked the relay with a different one, but going to get some help turning the key. Engine cranks so I didn't try manually turning it...do I still need to? The only line I disconnected was the radiator hose. There was a couple tubes that popped off of the back of the throttle body, I'll enclose a picture, it was the 90 ° hose at the bottom. I popped the line off the FPR that also goes to the back if that setup.

1547057504323656914090.jpg

Yes, the check engine light flashes when it turns over. Solid when key in "on" position.

Yes, solid when key "on", flashing with crank...

The Harbor freight one I got blew. I knew I had enough pressure for it to spray the whole engine! Lol

The next step is to see if the spark plugs are firing. The auto parts stores, and Harbor Freight sell a spark gap tester. You disconnect one spark plug, insert the boot into this tester, and ground the opposite side. You will need to crank the engine while checking for a spark. This is possible to do yourself from under the hood with a test switch or have somebody crank it for you. Is there an alarm systems in your vehicle?

Did you pull any codes?

Back