Not open for further replies.

mr cribb

US Army Retired
Reaction score
City, State
Naylor, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Z71, 89 stepside
My truck deep purple is up for sale. Current odometer reading is 237,500 (ish) miles.

5 speed, and 1354M transfer case, manual hubs, D4 3.73 limited slip rear

Original Oklahoma truck that spent 4 years in Pennsylvania (last inspection 7/07) with that said what it needs body wise:

drivers side rocker panel to include a little bit of the floor (not much but it would make an easier patch to cut a good chunk from a donor truck.

It also has some over the tire rot on the passenger side rear. Tupperware on passenger side is missing and right front fender needs replaced from a blow out.

Rear hatch needs replaced (my dumbass wife (soon to be ex) kept using the handle to slam it shut), and the inner structure has come undone. I reckon one could tack weld it back into place. The handle doesn't unlock the glass or the hatch because it doesn't make contact with the inner structure to provide a good connection. The reason why it needed to be slammed shut, the hatch hinges need replacement.

What I have done:
Front brakes
Four new tires with 1,500 miles on them (stock 235/75/15)
Dual exhaust with flowmaster muffler.
fan and fan clutch
Alternator
Battery
Blower motor and wheel
Manual transfer case swap (linkage could use adjustment)
All 4 shocks replaced.

Mechanical needs to be ready
U-joints in the front axle (when engaged in 4 low it pops)

My total cost
Initial purchase of $800 8/14 Odometer reading was 216,690
tires $400 8/15
Alternator $130 4/15
Battery $130 5/15
Brakes and rotors $150 11/14
Shocks $200 2/16

I'm going to ask $1500 and you're welcome to offer something reasonable, just not insulting

If you need delivery within a reasonable distance we might be able to work something out.

Link to thread for pictures http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413769

EDIT:

Headgaskets were done with head work prior to my purchase. I have the receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back