1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

93 Explorer XLT Deck Swap

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by AustinM, October 22, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. AustinM

AustinM New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1993 Explorer XLT
      I bought my explorer last year and had the deck switched out to a new one, but after my battery died last week (I'm assuming when the battery got jumped) the deck stopped working. So I'm looking at replacing it, and I'm trying figure out if it would be easy enough for me to just buy the deck on Amazon and replace it myself or if I should just take it to CarToys again. Anyone have any know how on replacing the deck in a 93 Explorer?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Scorpion8

Scorpion8 Active Member

City, State:
      SouthEast Alaska
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2006 Explorer XLT
      YouTube is your friend, here. I found year-specific videos on swapping various parts on my 2006 Explorer, so just search YouTube for your year-model. Crutchfield also has replacement instructions if you happen to go the "new" head-unit route.