Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

93 Ford Ranger Overheating

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by jonf550, June 21, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jonf550

jonf550 New Member

City, State:
      Alabama
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      93 Ford Ranger
      Wanted to ask if anyone might know the answer to overheating problem on my 93 Ford Ranger 3.0l. I have just replaced both heads, due to cracks around valves, thermostat, and installed a new water pump. Ran the truck and it ran hot again so I felt the hose and both were hot. Radiator was cold. Thought it was stopped up so replaced it with new one and flushed block. Clutch fan appears to be operating correctly. I have pressure tested and found no leaks or variating needle on guage. All cylinders compression check close to each other. Will get hot and cool if you rev it up sometimes. Does not cool down any if thrown in neutral and coasting a couple miles downhill.
      Tired and need something else to look at. Any Answers???

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. MrShorty

MrShorty Explorer Addict

City, State:
      Spanish Fork, UT
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      92 XLT and '87 Bronco II
      Have you checked the AC condenser (if equipped) and anything else in front of the radiator for stuff blocking air flow?