93 isuzu

kyleq805

Time to done me did something special
Reaction score
City, State
arroyo grande CA pismo beach, the five cities
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 ford explorer xlt
i have a friend that hes a 93 isuzu rodeo automatic transmission 2wd. i have no clue where to look for help on this. the problem is he said that he was driving then came to a stop and when he tried to drive again the trans was slipping. after that it was a dead trans a shop told him that the thrust washer on the top of the trans broke and he needs to rebuild the whole thing. what i want to know is if anyone knows anything about this problem other than the fact he needs to buy a ford:D thanks

I have owned a Rodeo....it was a 5-speed.
I do miss it but love my Xplorer more.

when it comes to the trannies.....the automatics arent even useful for boat anchors......they blow.

pull an automatic out of an S-10 Blazer and get an adapter plate.....it's better.

hey thanks for the input i will look into it

hey thanks for the input i will look into it

I would like you and your friend to be well aware that there is no promise for an absolout resolution by doing what I advised above, I have seen it done ONCE, if you want better answers I am a member of an Isuzu Forum, as I was while I owned my isuzu prior to buying my Xplorer.

To the moderators: if there is a problem with me posting the below link please message me and I will promptly remove the link without further stress, i've had problems in the past with some forums.

the site is www.Planetisuzoo.com
they have helped me quite a bit, "LowZone" is the most helpful and most likely will tell you the same he told me with the auto trannies, but will do what he can to help you.:cool:

Back