94 automatic 4wheel front end wheel grinding brakes are good | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 automatic 4wheel front end wheel grinding brakes are good

wiech

Reaction score
City, State
san diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer
Hi, first off like to say hi ti everyone!Wife sent me a link to this site and I have gotten way farther from reading others post.Ok heres my problem,I have a 94 explorer the 4x4 lights didnt lite up didnt know it was until I had a issue all of a sudden it lost power tranny slipping.I got off freeway 70mph it was smoking from under hood ,it didnt get hot but I had what I believe was tranny fluid sprayed all over on drivers side of engine.I could not find where it was coming from.From that time when I give it gas it feels like a stickshift when you dont give it enough gas.It also grinds and at stop signs it feels like it freezes up.Thought it was 4wheel partially engaged but now not sure.cleaned oil under hood,I checked fuses,found the modulator in back checked it out its good,pulled the autohubs cleaned them still had same problem.front Im going to call it the pumpkin had no oil in it when I checked now I am lost!Please help Ideas,or anything thanks. ok I with advice front a friend dropped the drive shaft for the front to trouble shoot problem still grinds etc

94 auto 4 wheel

hi, so front seal can make it jerk like a stickshift?when stop sometimes it feels like stuck metal on metal so I have to give it enough gas to break that seal.also the warmer it gets the more jerking to where I can only barely step on gas.Also when I got it it ran like it had no balls.Didnt think much of it because I just sold my dodge ram 5.9 chipped throttle body cold air kn etc.So chalked it up from having almost 400 horse to ?4.0 half maybe but did a couple of things hubs,cleaned bearing,trouble shot 4x4 (believe it was engaged on this drive)plus other stuff and test drove it and it had more!Everything was betterbut not much.tranny or ? and engine tick came at same time.Also fluid squirt under hood didnt figure it out for a couple of das but it cap from presure or???fluid from power steering sprayed.I hope this helps because Im stumped thankyou

Back