Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

94 Ranger. Dashboard light issues.

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by CaseyEC, June 8, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. CaseyEC

CaseyEC New Member

City, State:
    Portland
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 Ranger
    So my dash lights went out and all of the indicators are working. I checked the fuses, and they are good. From what I've read it's common for the headlight switch to go bad. I pulled it out and looked at it and it looked fine. Would I notice any visible damage to the switch, specifically the dimmer? If the switch is good what is the next step I should take in troubleshooting this. Perhaps it's the bulb in the instrument panel? Or is there another common problem anybody knows about?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. CaseyEC

CaseyEC New Member

City, State:
    Portland
    94 Ranger
    So there were just like 6 bulbs out behind the instrument panel, replaced them and it works great now. I'm having another problem with my headlights now though. They won't turn on, and if I turn on the brights they don't come on unless I hold them on. I think it might be the turn signal switch. Hope I can find one at the junk yard...

4. Tbars4

Tbars4 Moderator Emeritus Elite In Memoriam

Media:
    City, State:
    anaheim hills,california
    95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
    ...Very common for the headlight/dimmer control to cause both of your problems as you've described...;)

...The switch starts shorting before it goes completely and I've seen it kill old dash bulbs like yours...

5. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars