1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

94 xlt auto hub makes grinding sound when engaged

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by explorernoobie, July 28, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. explorernoobie

explorernoobie New Member

City, State:
    Christmas Valley, Oregon
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 XLT
    i tried getting under the explorer while it was in park and i spun the shaft only to hear the grinding sound and no lock up. (this was after i noticed the grinding in 4x4) when i engage 4x4 the shaft wont spin like it should but that doesnt make sense of the grinding sound. and when i was testing the 4x4 out some times it would engage and some times it wouldnt. im new to 4x4 so please be easy on me for not knowing whats gong on, my question would be what should i do/check/look into

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

We Support Our Troops!