Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

94 XLT, need to know about front bearings/hubs

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by explorernoobie, July 19, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. explorernoobie

explorernoobie New Member

City, State:
      Christmas Valley, Oregon
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      94 XLT
      not the same issue any more. i found out it is the yoke to the driver side that is bad. please tell me if they are easy to replace. or any info about them. dad looked at it and said this was the problem not wheel bearings

Last edited: July 19, 2011
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. rustbucketMI

rustbucketMI Active Member

City, State:
      Michigan
      '94 XLT 4x4
      Its not really that easy, quite a bit of labor. I would suggest that you go buy a Chilton or Haynes repair manual. They are pretty good for the X, and many of the prodecures are generic for most any car. (replacing brake drums for example) Depending on what you see in the manual and your skill set hopefully you can make a determination on how hard it will be for you to do. One of the best suggestions I make to anyone is when you are doing a job make sure you use the correct tool, it makes it 100% easier.

4. osteologation

osteologation Active Member

City, State:
      Caro, MI
      1994 Sport
      Get a hub nut socket. It will help. Also I found that on my 94 I'm pretty sure the spindle had never been off. It was a nightmare. And make sure you remove the right bolts for the abs sensor if yours has 4 wheel abs. But clean it up and reassemble with a little antiseize and it's a piece of cake the next time. I've had mine apart a few times since and only the first time was hard.