For Sale - 95+ 2nd Gen Explorer and 98+ Ranger Front IFS Tow point | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 95+ 2nd Gen Explorer and 98+ Ranger Front IFS Tow point

Factory ifs tie down point for Export Explorer and Rangers. Very easy to install, retaining bracket slides in and 3 bolts hold the tie down point snug to crossmember. This is the only one I've seen. $70 shipped in the lower 48

20200102_195520.jpg

20200102_195525.jpg

20200102_195535.jpg

20200102_195545.jpg

20200102_195557.jpg

20200102_195704.jpg

20200102_195717.jpg

20200102_195721.jpg

20200102_195907.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats a factory part??????????????? well Ill be a monkeys uncle
How many friggin sploders I have tied down over the years I WISH they all had one of these............

Never heard or seen this. Crazy this is a factory part. And I thought the rear factory tow hook was rare.

Yup factory, came on a euro explorer with the clear corner lights I'm selling in another listing. There's quite a few things different on the euro trucks. Like factory rear hitch is completely different, side markers on the fenders and different light bulb setups.

Sweet, I like all kinds of factory oddities.

What truck did that come from, right hand drive, SOHC etc, what AC controls, and condition?

Later after several projects, I want to see if I can find a RHD Explorer to get the firewall, and the complete dash/wiring and AC units. I'd love to build a 302/AWD mail truck(FFV), but I'd never settle for the awful postal dash etc.

Sweet, I like all kinds of factory oddities.

What truck did that come from, right hand drive, SOHC etc, what AC controls, and condition?

Later after several projects, I want to see if I can find a RHD Explorer to get the firewall, and the complete dash/wiring and AC units. I'd love to build a 302/AWD mail truck(FFV), but I'd never settle for the awful postal dash etc.

It was in a 1999 regular left hand drive model. It had fender flares with no steps, no tint on the windows and short console. The visors had different warnings on them and the radio was different than normal but other than that its pretty much the same as US models.

I saw that it was LHD after checking the rack lines again. The RHD's will be super scarce always, 20 years old and really only one from Japan or England seems possible. Maybe someone will have imported a used one, and kills it someday.

Let me clarify, the truck in the picture is an 01 sport. I put it on there just for the picture.

Okay, I thought that was the truck it came from. No trouble, I saw the starter on the left side and wondered more about that the first time.

I wonder what the rating is on that? Pretty thin plate, but still very handy as a light tow point. Now somebody needs to buy it and replicate for a heavy duty version with thicker plate.

I like it, we're always re-engineering things.

Something like this with 1/4" plate:

bracket.PNG

The bracket with the hook is 3/16. The plate with the nuts is 1/8. I'd think it hold up to a good bit but hard yanks while super stuck wouldn't be a good idea. Winch point all day.

This is an awesome factory part. Never seen one either.

I have such tow point :)
Explorer II gen. 2000' SOHC Limited for Europe market.
Will do photo later.

It is better than no tow point, but it isn't comfortable to use when deeply in mud. I'd prefer point mounted to the frame.

Still got this...

Back