Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

95 A/C Electrical Problem

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by marragtop, May 6, 2006.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. marragtop

marragtop Well-Known Member

City, State:
    balt, md
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    91, 92, 95, and 2000 xlts
    I have a 95 XLT and the A/C doesn't work at all. Compressor does not engage, and is not locked up. Using a test light, it looks like I'm not getting any power to the plug on the compressor. My Chilton manual says there is only 1 fuse (#18) related to the A/C system. My fuse is good. I was hoping there would be another fuse or relay that could be the problem but according to my manual there aren't any others.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

thanks!

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. TWalker

TWalker Guest

I'm in a similar situaion but have not yet checked anything electrical. I hope mine is electrical acually.

Waiting for responses.

4. Glacier991

Glacier991 EF Tranny Guru Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Sacramento, CA 95827
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1992 XLT
    If the system p[ressure is low the low pressure cutout will prevent the clutch from being energized. I moved this to the AC forum where help and info abounds.