Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

95,EXPL.power window failure(clicking sound in door)

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by vett82ce, July 1, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. vett82ce

vett82ce New Member

City, State:
    Rincon,GA.
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '95 XLT
    Hey,

I've got a 95 Explorer. About two years ago the passenger side window went down erratically (jumpy-stop and go) and wouldn't go up all the way unless you assisted it by pulling up. The whole time you are trying to operate it, you can hear a clicking sound (much like a clutch slipping sound), Anyway, now the drivers side is doing the same exact thing, so I'm going to have to go into these doors and try to fix whats wrong.

Does anyone out there, from the sound of the symptoms I'm describing, think they know what I will probably find as the problem. Also, can anyone direct me to a link on this site or somewhere else that gives a description on how to make repairs that would be necessary for components inside doors. From what I see, when taking of the door panels, there are a few work holes in the metal to get at stuff, but If I had to get down and dirty with this thing, I wouldn't know the best way to handle it.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. hunter1956

hunter1956 New Member

City, State:
    Floral Park NY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    96 EB