'95 xl reg cab 4x4 5 speed 2.3l | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'95 xl reg cab 4x4 5 speed 2.3l

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...This will just be a simple mount in the bed...

...I can get an elevated "Cage" tire carrier for $200 while a standard bed mount will be about $150...This will be a DIY fabrication project...
icon_welder.gif

...The hardest part was finding this rubber cone by itself...The guy who has made these for over 30 years has recently downsized and is back to working out of his garage again...I probably could have got it cheaper but it was $30..

I used the center section of an old front uni-bearing to mount the tire on my carrier.

(Actually, I used the ones I pulled off my '06 when I added the locking hubs.)

Picture

...What I like about this one is, I can use it while hauling different size wheels for the trucks, toys, etc..

...It will fit in and hold in different size holes from 2-3/4" to 6-1/2"...

You mean there's a bolt pattern other than 5 on 4 1/2"??????? ;)

...Yes there is...5x5.5...:p:

...Actually the reason I got this is, it fits in the hub hole so worrying about bolt pattern alignment wont be a problem now or in the future...:D

...I started a thread on my latest project yesterday, "Seriously getting ready for an Expedition.."
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299194

...The day before I spent shopping for repair parts for the X so I guess my Ranger got jealous...I went and picked up my Ranger this a.m. and noticed a spot under the front...It seems my drivers side radiator end cap just started leaking and needs to make it thru the week..:(

..:scratch:..I do have a spare 2 core with the wrong orientation for the hoses...Maybe I can have it rebuilt with the correct end caps and orientation and replace my single core...

...I might just wind up with a replacement and an upgrade at the same time...:biggthump

...I had a few free moments yesterday so I swapped out my 95 amp alternator for a rebuilt 130 amp one..

...Spun all my pulleys while I had the belt off and they seemed fine...My belt tensioner however seems to have lost some of it's spring tension so I need to get one of those....My power steering has been making a little grown noise and I'm thinking this may be caused by the belt tensioner's lack of tension...

...I do need to get a turkey baster and swap the power steering fluid too...

...Never a dull moment with the Ranger...:rolleyes:

...I had a customer today ask me to take their car to the car wash...:wtf:...I told them, "You know...I've always wanted to take my truck to one of them there fancy car wash places"...:crazy:...The customer said no problem...I'll pay for your time and the washes for both vehicles...:scratch:

...Well, the Ranger got it's first real bath and a good delousing since I've owned it...Sure I pressure wash the big stuff off after every trail run but this last year has really taken it's toll both inside and out...

...The poor truck didn't know what it was in for..and yes, I got the High dollar stuff...:biggthump
carwash_003.jpg

...She fought hard all the way thru..This is the technician resetting the system as my Ranger stuck the machine and they had to manually get it going again as it wouldn't reset for some reason...:D
carwash_004.jpg

...All better now...The pretty side...:p:
carwash_006.jpg

...They washed 2 Mercedes, 1 Bentley, 1 Ferrari, and a Lamborghini that followed my truck, in the time it took to get my Ranger somewhat clean...:fart:

Still cleans up nice!

....The So Cal folks can blame me...:(

...Since I probably waited so long to wash my truck it started pouring rain that night and we are expected rain till a week from today..:rolleyes:

...So I ran out and got the Ranger it's first matched set of windshield wipers...:p:
rain_x_blades.jpg

...cause rain or shine, you need to make it out to the Boat Parade...:biggthump
http://www.christmasboatparade.com/

...I picked up a replacement belt tensioner from Napa the other day and swapped it today between the deluge of storms we are having..

..Considering we are suppose to get gail force winds with this rain coupled with frigid temps and thunderstorms now seemed like a good time to do it..:rolleyes:

...The part I got was a dorman brand under a different name and it is a bit different in looks so I'm going to go back and check if it is the right one or not but it works for now...It's says made in China on the box in small print under the Napa logo..:(

...Driving around in all this heavy rain seems like the power steering pump may be on it's way out and I definitely want to repack the front bearings when this is all over..:hammer:

...Top it off, I have been finding a puddle of water on the drivers side vinyl floor each morning so I've sprung a leak in the door sill perhaps..:dunno:

....Top it off, I have been finding a puddle of water on the drivers side vinyl floor each morning so I've sprung a leak in the door sill perhaps..:dunno:

Mine does this too but on the passenger side. I think its the top of my windshield leaking down on the floor. We had 1.5" of rain the other day and I think a 1/2" of that wound up in my floormat :(

...We've had 5-8" and are expecting another 3-8" by the end of Wednesday...:(

...I am pretty sure it is coming in from the rear of the door or down it's seal...I know the truck has flexed it's doors as my passenger door whistles on and off yet no leak...

...My X on the other hand should probably leak at the windshield as it definitely has gaps at the top and they have yet to leak but, I'm sure I'll have a puddle in the rear from leaking rear quarter windows...:rolleyes:

...It was a good day with the Ranger..:biggthump

...I headed over to the Newport Beach pier for lunch, grabbed some Perry's pizza, and parked at the beach...While my spotter and myself was taking it all in, a pod of whales swam by...:eek:
http://www.ocregister.com/news/-284865--.html

...On another note, it's getting close to crunch time to start installing all my Expedition type items on the Ranger for the trip in March...Hoping to get started on them the middle of February...:D

...I did purchase and install a new 34/78 Yellow top Optima (1 of 2) to replace the 34/78 Red top...Unlike the Explorer, it cranks the same exact way with either the red or yellow top...:dunno:

You know we only have 8 weeks until the expedition...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Me too - parts and tires.

And, install the parts I have in the garage.
And, build the sleeping platform in the bed...

Back