'95 xl reg cab 4x4 5 speed 2.3l | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'95 xl reg cab 4x4 5 speed 2.3l

...I get the feeling that I'll have a lot of stuff bolted on and the little stuff will be hanging me up as in, being able to go and purchase them...:rolleyes:

...I have been saving all my change for gas money though...:biggthump

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you still planning on getting tires?

I assume 32x11.50s...

...I would like to get another set before the trip...

...I actually need to start getting the stuff on, buy the little parts, make sure I have gas money, and then we will see about tires...

...I am pretty sure I will stay with the 32's at least till I start the real build on my Ranger...I need to be able to afford another Ranger to move my shell over to first...

...I gots lots of plans but I ain't gots no money...:D

...A quick update:

...I picked up the #2 Optima YellowTop, ordered another Ballistic 34/78 box on clearance, and I have 2-3 30# boxes being shipped this week from back east..These will be for another maintenance and upgrade project..:D

..I forgot to post this pic of the 2.3l belt tensioner's...

...The one on the left is Napa's $75 identical to Ford tensioner in everyway and is also made in Canada like the stock one..:biggthump ...The one in the middle is the stock one of course...And the one on the right is a Napa made by Dorman but packaged under another name (starts with a B)..It was $44 dollars and is a POS...It does not come close to OEM and the spring is weak as heck...Don't waste your money on this one..:thumbdwn:
misc_0061.jpg

Edit:...I forgot...I picked up this 2 piece, 6 drawer tool box set for $20...It's for a distant future mod when the time comes...:hammer:
misc_0152.jpg

...I forgot...I picked up this 2 piece, 6 drawer tool box set for $20...It's for a distant future mod when the time comes...:hammer:
misc_0152.jpg

I can think of lots of uses for this... :D

The wheels are too wide, but as long as there is enough tread remaining, seems to be a good deal.

You said you wanted new tires before the expedition...

...I'm spending what little I have out at KOH this week...I'm getting to test out some of my stuff for the trip this weekend though I'm using it in my X...

...I still have parts coming in and verifed I have a few differnt boxes of stuff that have arrived for the Ranger since I've been gone...

...When I get home, it will be time to start scheduling work and installation time schedule's...I need lot's of both before the trip..:D

Just looking out for a brother:salute:

...And it's greatly appreciated...:salute:

...Now get your cameras set up for your event tonight at the Dodger stadium...:biggthump

Found your next Mod Ted :p:

Won't have to worry about water getting in the exhaust :D

Attachments

• headerformy23.jpg
    headerformy23.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 444

...If I added that, my little 2.3 would sound like passing gas...Pffffffffft with no power...:(

..I came back to this thread since I just received my new registration notice..

..In 2009 it was $100 bucks and two years later it has dropped down $2 to $98 bucks..Oh boy..:rolleyes:

..The Ranger is overdue for some major maintenance and brakes so I'm hoping to get busy soon as I will need new rotors and the works up front..:scratch:..I need to see what goodies I have stashed that I could throw on to finish up the front end.. for a while.

..The "Squirrel" rebels...

...Each day this week my Ranger has been notifying me that it needs attention...

...Monday during the course of the day all 4 wheels started squeaking from the brakes needing done..Yesterday afternoon I noticed a drop of antifreeze and this morning the water pump started leaking when I started it up..Then this afternoon I got a P0171 code..:(

...I'm taking tomorrow to see what I can get repaired and I need a couple weeks to afford more parts..Currently shopping online for more goodies...:D

..I found the vacuum leak..This is by the heater fan and it is about a foot and a have away from the exhaust..

..The plastic vacuum line goes to a (switching control?) item located on the heater hose. It looked like someone took a lighter to it and malted the hek out of it..:eek:
0505111307.jpg

..I was able to swap out the water pump today..
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2723049#post2723049

..Then out of the blue I got a battery light..I checked everything including all the relays, fuses, battery saver relay, alternator and starter connections..

..Ran electrical checks on the charging system and everything works proper and with good numbers..

After about 5 miles of driving the light went out..:dunno:

...The Ranger is still wanting attention..:D

...I am on a job out of town which was delayed a week and so s my money..:(..I popped a P1131 code today so it's looking like an upstream 02 sensor is needing replaced..

...My quick fix for this is to go camping..I reset the code and camping by the job is gonna save me about 3 hrs driving a day..:biggthump

...Can't believe it but it was sunny at the beach most of today, it's raining here and looks like it may be snowing on top of the hill..

..She finally gets some lovin..:D

..First an update on the P1131 code...I went thru 3 tanks of gas doing mainly highway hilly driving before I got it again..Jumped under to take a look to see if I could tell if it was a 3 or 4 pin O2 sensor..

..I found it plugs in at the top of the bell housing..:rolleyes:..But I also noticed it had a wear thru mark on the protective jacket from rubbing on the tranny...Went to unscrew it and it was already loose...So I just unscrewed it, added 2 twist so it would stand away from the tranny, cinched her down tight and I haven't had a problem since..:shifty_ey

..Some good and bad news with the bad being first..Needed to use my 3 ton HF jack today and it has gone to the great beyond...:dead:..This now gives me a reason to get that aluminum racing jack I want from them when it's on sale..:p:

...So I borrowed my buddies jack and was finally able to get my front brakes done...I got the R1 Concepts slotted and drilled rotors with races and the pads for $20 more than I could get the stock replacement rotors alone before tax..:biggthump

..Out with the old and in with the new..
brakes_6_.jpg

..The new semi metallic pads..
brakes_1_.jpg

..And I'm pretty sure I was due for some new pads and I think I got the most out of the old ones..:D
brakes_5_.jpg

brakes_4_.jpg

...The new rotors from R1 were a perfect fit and I found out they were already balanced..As for how the brakes felt right away, I notice some better stopping and so far they are impressively quiet.....These will get tested out real well over the next couple of weeks as I will have a bunch of freeway driving and stop and go city traffic..:burnout:

..Note to self I need to replace the slide pin bolt set up as the passenger side ones had shoulders worn on them..Drivers side was fine..:dunno:

Purdy!

Of course, rear disks would also help your stopping ability!:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Purdy!

Of course, rear disks would also help your stopping ability!:D

..My rear drums are so overdue I'm scared if I hit the brakes to hard I my lose parts..:(

..For now, the rear disc will be just be plain old rotors as I first need to get the funds for the parking brake cables and the the brake line pieces..Top of my list..Then when I get play money I'll get a matching set of rear rotors and pads..:biggthump

Back