For Sale - 95 XLT 4X4 Modified Trail Rig AKA: The Black Hole | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 95 XLT 4X4 Modified Trail Rig AKA: The Black Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump :thumbsup:

Been talking to a guy for 5 days straight about this rig. He was scheduled to come kick the tires today. Of course he didn't call back last night to get directions like he said he would. MIA so far. :rolleyes:

This has been fun dealing with people who want to use a 19 yr old hobby truck as a daily driver, Beat it on trails every weekend, then take it across country and back, let the teenager with a new DL take it out to beat on with friends, believe it should be in new showroom condition for under $5k, and if you tell them there is anything wrong with it, they freak out, seriously? Here's a quarter, buy a clue. Of course it will have something wrong with it, it's 19 years old. Derp....

Sure you can buy a 19 yr old truck in good condition for way less, but the price I'm asking doesn't even cover all the parts added to it, let alone any labor costs to get them installed. If they tried sourcing the prices on the mods for T&M, they might start to understand what it takes to get it to this point. It is built to the point, when the engine dies, you get another engine, not dispose of completely for a new rig, and I hope the new owner treats it this way.

People just don't realize, this was a personal build that was supposed to last forever, not thrown together over a weeks time to sell for profit, like I see a lot of others doing. Crappy welds, cheap hardware, cutting corners, and spotty work because they don't care if it breaks, because it wont be them it fails on.

Complete Opposite on this build. It was built to last, run safe, get us back home from the destination under it's own power. Built Ford tough, Gman approved.

Yep, I hear ya, it can be frustrating. When the right person comes along though, it makes the sale a little more bearable. Best of luck.

It will sell. ya i had alot of young idiots asking stupid stuff when sold my quad... people....... lol

I don't mean to be complaining in my own thread about all this. I'm just having a talk with my extended family here is all. :)

I talk to you guys more than my immediate family, (who has seemed to forget I even exist), so you guys are stuck with me. :D

No worries, it's all good :)

when ever i have had someone low ball the hell out of me, you know what i say? "sure no problem. come by, we can use that as the non refundable deposit. i will give you a week to come up with the rest". then when they say "um...no that was to buy the truck" i tell them "oh, ok. so that means i can keep all the new parts i just put on it, plus the drive train right?"
there are some people that should not be allowed to breed....

People are funny Tim.

I blame some of it on my lack of skill to translate what I mean to say with a text format media. I have yet to learn how to convey proper communications with my typing skills. I am an old fashion face to face, lets talk in person type of guy. This electronic world we live in nowadays is normal for the younger crowd, but I didn't learn to send a text message until I was in my mid 30's, and didn't own a smart phone until mid 40's. :rolleyes:

Anyways........ BUMP!

I'm assuming your out west. Shame because it's a sweet rig and not over priced.

Very Capable cool rig, I have spotted it thru many great trails, just crawls right thru.

To the Top of the list. Spring forum meets are about to happen. This rig is ready to go.

I have been slowly working on this rig doing this & that over the winter. Cleaning, painting, stuff like that. It is looking pretty damn sharp right now. :D

Dang, if you need somebody to watch it for ya, send up to me in Illinois. :D I don't want to see it get blown up!

Iv'e been reading your build thread. I can't believe the black hole hasn't sold.

Lockers, front coil conversion, on and on it goes.

If someone in the USA has anywhere to wheel at all, this is the perfect truck.
In Canada, a lifted truck does not get past the border. On the import form, its simply a 'do not pass go' scenario.

At the price being asked, its already a steal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back