• Register Today It's free!

96 Explorer Front Window Tint

CamDJClimited

Reaction score
City, State
Southampton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford Explorer Limite
So I just rolled my 96 Limited in the Tint shop, and they matched the front window tint with the back very well! They used a 20% bronze/black reflective film, and you can't even tell the difference from the front windows and the rear privacy glass windows! What do you guys think? :p:

Attachments

• 164774_10150124757466147_561851146_8352791_1642397_n.jpg
    164774_10150124757466147_561851146_8352791_1642397_n.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,606

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good how much did that run you

Would like to see some better pics, but that looks pretty spot on. Nice.

Looks really good. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I agree with Paraphoe, would like to see some better pics.

I would like to have this done to my Ex as well but I am concerned about the Massachusetts tinting laws. I would hate to get a ticket and be forced to peel it off. You said they used 20%. Mass laws states that tint must allow more than 35% of light in and must not be more than 35% reflective.

I'm a scaredy cat, I know. You said it is 20%. What is this a measurement of? Is it blocking 20% of the light?

Sorry if I'm being a buzz-kill.

Sure thing I'll get some pics up later on today, maybe tomorrow. I know thts the Mass law, but so many of my friends have 20% on the front windows, even the whole car, but they've never been stopped and all passed inspection too (I know, it confused me too) And I'm not really sure if its 20% light in or the opposite direction haha. I'll keep everyone posted on my luck.

Looks really good. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I agree with Paraphoe, would like to see some better pics.

I would like to have this done to my Ex as well but I am concerned about the Massachusetts tinting laws. I would hate to get a ticket and be forced to peel it off. You said they used 20%. Mass laws states that tint must allow more than 35% of light in and must not be more than 35% reflective.

I'm a scaredy cat, I know. You said it is 20%. What is this a measurement of? Is it blocking 20% of the light?

Sorry if I'm being a buzz-kill.

Thanks! My inspection is due in February. Maybe I'll get them tinted after I get it inspected. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours done? I don't mind driving out there for a good job.

Thanks! My inspection is due in February. Maybe I'll get them tinted after I get it inspected. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours done? I don't mind driving out there for a good job.

I went to a place called Mr. Tint in Northampton, MA. The guys who work there rock!!

I was considering doing that to my explorer too but the place I took it said that they couldn't match the tint. I would like to see a better picture to see if I like it.

looks good cam

Rondo- My old 2003 had 35% tint on it.

This is the worst angle showing the difference. From corners it looks the same, so here is worst look:

100_0168.jpg

Thanks Joe.

Yeah i always wonderd why my rear windows lookd to be like a mirror tint when my fronts did not. I also have 5% all around. How exactly do i match the front with the back?

Back