Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

96 explorer no spark please help?

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by 96explorer50, July 18, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. 96explorer50

96explorer50 New Member

City, State:
    columbus
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1996 xlt
    so i recently aquired a 96 explorer that used to be on here. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=143

that one to be exact

long story short the h fan ceased up and i at the time did not have money to repair it so i went back to driving my other car. then for some reason i decided to take the gas out of it for my other car by jumping the fuel pump relay. some how i misread the owners manual and jumped the relay for the pcm, so now when i try to start it it cranks i dont hear the fuel pump prime and i dont get any spark. things ive replaced. the ignition switch, i got a pcm off ebay same code sll4. and the relays for both the fuel pump and pcm. still no spark. does any body have any suggestions as to what i should look at next. i know this has to be something simple i just dont know to much about the car yet. any help would be appericated

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

We Support Our Troops!