• Register Today It's free!

96 Explorer Rear Lift Question

Swordfish94x

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 4dr 2wd Explorer
So I have a 96 4 door 2wd XLT, I'm going to probably 2" TT in the front, and I am on a pretty tight budget. In the rear I'm debating between blocks and shackles. I know shackles are better, but also more expensive. I haven't done to much research on either one yet so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To anyone reading this I think I will just wait a little longer to save some money to put on the Fabtech 3" Spindles and either the add a leaf that you can order with it or some Warrior shackles.

you can't do blocks in the rear, unless you want to lower it, due to the springs being under the axle.

I'd get shackles for the back. Or, do a spring over axle conversion. You still might have sag if your spring are old and crap. But that can be fixed cheap if you go to an auto sreckers.

Gavin, I saw your signature. I had an 87 BroncoII, unfortunately it died 4 years ago on me. Oh how I miss it!

Do shackles. Spring over conversion isn't the greatest idea. They were designed to run spring under so leave it at that.

Back