Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

'96 Explorer tranny issues

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by byrdman2828, July 28, 2010.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. byrdman2828

byrdman2828 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    96 Ford explorer eddie ba
    I am new to this forum so I don't know if this is the place to ask this questioon. I have a 96 Ford Explorer Eddie Baur issue with 225,000 miles on it. Only thing I have had to replace isthe transfer case about 6 month ago. Now my problem. It cranks and runs good. Put the trans in drive or Reverse and it does nothing for a few seconds and then goes into gear for about 5-10 sec. and then comes out. Sit for a few sec. and it will kick in again. If I have to take it some where I will have to get AAA to tow it. Any idea how serious this is and will it cost more than the car is worth? Any help will be appreciated. Byrdman2828

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. muehlenkamp190

muehlenkamp190 New Member

City, State:
    lakeville<mn
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1999 sport
    trannys a lot of money i put in a used one for 300 dollars but i did it with myself and my bro.. but ur truck has a lot of miles on it to have some one you dont know do it probably 900 dollars and up