Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

96 rectangular foglight - same light on both sides?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by toypaseo, July 13, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. toypaseo

toypaseo Flunked daycare Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      outside shovelling snow
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      ................ 96 XLT ™
      Are the rectangular foglights on a 96 the same on both sides, with the only difference being the mounting bracket?

Are other similar rectangular OEM Ford (non-Explorer and non-Mountaineer) foglights around that year the same, with those only having different mounting brackets as well?

:scratch:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 4df150

4df150 Member

City, State:
      Monticello, MS
      2010 Explorer EB 4x4 4.0
      Yes the left and right fog lights are the same. '06 and '97 used the same fog light, but not any other Ford models. I found some aftermarket rectangle fog lights at an auto parts store that I mounted in the Ford brackets.

4. mtnlovrs

mtnlovrs Member

City, State:
      Kansas
      '97 Explorer XLT
      Aren't the 95 and 96 fog lights the same also? My brother-in-law has a 96 Limited and his fog lights look just like mine. I haven't taken them out to examine them, just glanced at them.
      I just removed my fog lights because they were both rattling around loose. I found that the plastic stand-off posts were broken on both of them. Refusing to buy new, I cleaned them up, super-glued the posts back on and surrounded them with a thick layer of plastic epoxy. Then, I filed the edges smooth, tapped the holes for 6x32 thread stainless steele screws, and painted the back side black. Then, I shot blasted the brackets & hardware and painted them black. I replaced both bulbs with new #899 37.5W bulbs (one was burnt out) and reassembled them. Now they look just like new. Just thought I would add my two cents for those of us that want to save a few bucks.:D

5. sethpdx

sethpdx Active Member

City, State:
      portland
      96 XLT
      did you mean 96-97?