Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

96 sport ,, lift? or throw tires on??

Discussion in 'Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits' started by dtl 2k2 sport, December 20, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. dtl 2k2 sport

dtl 2k2 sport Well-Known Member

City, State:
    stafford Va
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 SPORT
    I have a 96 SPORT,, 4x4,
    i would like to throw some 33's under that sob, but dont really wanna go through the effort of throwing on a body lift. If i put some 15x10.5/ or 12.5 rims would i get by w/ out having to lift or mild trimming?? ooooooR
    would i need to lift it and deal w/ that mess? Thanks ,, i tried searching but havent had any luck.
    Thanks for the insight,
    Dave

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. XLT

XLT Active Member

City, State:
    Wausau, WI
    1998 Sport SOHC 4X4
  4. corkey

corkey Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Elite Canuck,multiple ifs offender,, and musky maniac,, i wheel and i fish,,
    99 xls,96 xl,91,08 Ranger
    i have 33's on mine, with no cutting so far , it wasn't easy , and it was not cheap, but it can be done,,
    how did i do it ?

suspension lift , and the wheels and tires,

if you want to go a bit bigger in the wheel and tire department, there is a way to lift it for cheap high enuff for 31 inch tires,,

5. dtl 2k2 sport

dtl 2k2 sport Well-Known Member

City, State:
    stafford Va
    2002 SPORT
    31's will fit fine, i had a set on my old explorer sport, stock , but im trying to avoid doing the body lift, and deff not spending money on a suspension lift. I was just wondering if it could be one w/ out going those routes, body lift would deff be cheaper, but still a lot of labor. Thanks for the info fellas!,