97'-2000 Mounty JET Chips Programmer/Scanner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97'-2000 Mounty JET Chips Programmer/Scanner

welle417

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' - 5.0 - Mountaineer
I recently came across quite a few of these programmers and wanted to know what people thought of this lesser known or at least lesser reviewed programmer: 1997-2000 Mercury Mountaineer - Jet Chips Power Programmer Part Number: J2015003MFR#: 15003
:burnout:
This video might not work... but click the link below and lets see what people think? :) :salute::salute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEFGEmrs9d8

J2015003.jpg

:feedback::smokinfro

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My opinion:

Go SCT or don't go at all. I've never heard many good things about JET.

Hypertech Max Energy Programmer?

Hypertech Max Energy Programmer? Thoughts? :thumbsup::thumbdwn:

My opinion:

Go SCT or don't go at all. I've never heard many good things about JET.

Except, get this- the JET's DST custom tuning for the LT1's. I use it and it works great. Wierd huh? Jet and the words "works" and "good" in the same sentence-j

Except, get this- the JET's DST custom tuning for the LT1's. I use it and it works great. Wierd huh? Jet and the words "works" and "good" in the same sentence-j

That is an oxymoron James:D

Probably becasue it's for GM. No one seems to like supporting FORD as much as they do GM.

Rant off.

I just installed a JET 15003 on my stock 98 Explorer 4.0 SOHC Auto XLT w/ 188,000 kilometers (116,000 miles) on it. I was more interested in firming up my shifting than the extra horsepower.

I installed the JET regular tune for my truck (it comes with a regular, mid grade and premium tune) and I had no problems with the installation and after taking it for a drive I am quite happy with it. The shifting is better and it has a little more jam when taking off from a stop. I am really looking forward to installing a FIPK kit and Flowmaster 50 SUV muffler in the near future.

jet chip is very good.... dont hate, appreciate

i installed a jet 15003 on my sohc x as well and it worked wonders,
you can deffinately feel the power difference... i did the 87octane tune first and felt it, then tryed out the 93 tune and u can feel a difference from the 87 to the 93... theres also a custom tune setting but ill let the peep's at the shop fuss with that when its on the dyno.

but im not stock... headers, exhaust, ram air intake, p&p tb, tb spacer, adj fuel press reg, electric fan, electric blower (NOT GHETTO EBAY POS BILGE BLOWER CRAPOLA) lol and soon to come ud pulliez and larger maf

gonna get it dyno'd soon so ill let u all know wut kinda power im makin...

anyone know wut else i can slap on this bi*ch to make it faster? besides the ee supercharger or a turbo or spray... cause all i can think of is the ud pullys and a bigger maf... any suggestions?

-thanks

i installed a jet 15003 on my sohc x as well and it worked wonders,
you can deffinately feel the power difference... i did the 87octane tune first and felt it, then tryed out the 93 tune and u can feel a difference from the 87 to the 93... theres also a custom tune setting but ill let the peep's at the shop fuss with that when its on the dyno.

but im not stock... headers, exhaust, ram air intake, p&p tb, tb spacer, adj fuel press reg, electric fan, electric blower (NOT GHETTO EBAY POS BILGE BLOWER CRAPOLA) lol and soon to come ud pulliez and larger maf

gonna get it dyno'd soon so ill let u all know wut kinda power im makin...

anyone know wut else i can slap on this bi*ch to make it faster? besides the ee supercharger or a turbo or spray... cause all i can think of is the ud pullys and a bigger maf... any suggestions?

-thanks

smaller tieeerreess? good luck!

Back