• Register Today It's free!

97 explorer left rear sagging 2"

35's on mine

Reaction score
City, State
S. Fla
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer
why does 97 explorers sagging on the driver side rear by to 2".. i put new shackles on 3months ago look level. but after this weekend i seen to other trucks 97 ex xlt with the same prob.. what is it and how to fix .. the ride is not great go other a bump and everty thing gets thrown around ... new shock or could it be just an imbalance from what ever leaning the truck to the left????

im going to SOA my truck but need to find out whats going on befor i move forward!!!! i still have the rear stock is y i posted here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New springs if they are completely flattened out. Add a leaf if they still have some of their arch. That will give you a lift too so you can get rid of those shackles.

is it ture f-150 spring can be use on explorer, if so does it matter what year?

Short answer: No, you cannot just throw a pair of f150 springs on an explorer.

You can, and many have done, take all the leaves except the main leaf from an f150 and use them with an explorer main leaf. Some, like me, take a few of the f150 leaves and use them with old and soft springs to get some height back.

~Mark

Back