Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

97' Mountaineer with '01 Excursion seats?

Discussion in 'Explorer - Ranger Interior Accessories' started by welle417, January 3, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. welle417

welle417 Member

City, State:
    Anchorage
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    97' - 5.0 - Mountaineer
    Howdy gents,

I am up here in Anchorage about to buy some front 01 Excursion Limited seats for my 97 Mountaineer. I know they're a little big, but not having a tape measuring device or the tools to take out my passenger side to test it out - does anybody know if they will fit? (possibly minus the armrest) I am hoping somebody might help me out with measurements I cannt presently find...

I know this isn't a true 911; but I would really appreciate any quick help

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.
  3. welle417

welle417 Member

City, State:
    Anchorage
    97' - 5.0 - Mountaineer
    In case you were wondering...

Just to follow up for any of those interested... YES the '01 Excursion Limited Captain's seats do fit the 97' Mountaineer. The base from the Mountaineer stock seats carry over except the bolt holes line up front to back, not width wise however. I am going to solve this with a drill and some bolts. The seat motors still accomplish everything fine, i did remove the armrest of the Excursion seat because it was annoying... I am currently working on the passenger side wiring the heated seat in and the bolt hole drilling... pics and thread to follow, if anyone is interested, reply below or ask questions. - They look nice and are comfortable! I got a hold of them for under 200 bucks, usually those seats go for 2-400 a piece...

4. J_Train

J_Train Active Member

City, State:
    Citrus Springs, Florida and LaGrange, Georgia
    00 xlt v8
    you should post some pictures

5. welle417

welle417 Member

City, State:
    Anchorage