97 Ranger Heater Core R&R.

slsnut

Reaction score
City, State
Ventura, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 EB Explorer 4x4
Hello All,
I am new to this forum but belong to several others. I just bought a 97 Ranger XLT S/C 4L this weekend with 70K on it for $3,500 in very nice shape with all the options less the D/J. Anyway I found the heater core bypassed which I thought to be no big deal-I thought wrong as I have learned reading of your collective experience...

I am undaunted by most vehicle repairs and will devote the necessary time to this task, however I wonder if any of you might have a PDF from a factory manual which you would be kind enough to fwd showing the procedure? Any help/R&R tips would also be appreciated as well.
Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanx BB
Do you mean that Autozone has a diagram of how to perform this on their site?
steve

They have removal & installation procedures on their site for certain things like replacing belts, hoses, power steering pumps, etc. They might have this procedure. Check the links in post # 2 of # 13 in my list of useful threads.

Thanks BB
Checked A/Z site for procedure, a bit too basic for what is involved (removing the dashboard just to get to the plenum). I was hoping for the dash removal procedure on a PDF if I could get it...
steve

WOW! Just what I needed! Much obliged!
steve

I just looked at those links, and WOW, I am so glad I have an earlier Ranger! :eek: I can change mine in just a few minutes, sorry to rub it in. ;)

Good luck with yours, and welcome to the forum.

Aerostar/Ranger OEM Manuals

Does anyone know if the chassis/body manuals from FORD cover the Heater core R&R?
steve

Check engine light just came on???

Yes it was! Anyway how about some guidance on the CEL? How do i reset for a quick smog check today? Truck runs fine all vitals perfect...

Codes

Do not know how that is done, and i only have today to get it smogged

codes

Do you know the procedure for resetting? I have found a couple of vacuum hoses off their barbs and put them back on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back