97 v8 AWD - bad tires - one has cracks and leaks in cold - Fix A Flat?? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 v8 AWD - bad tires - one has cracks and leaks in cold - Fix A Flat??

I just don't understand how one can dis' (put down) a Goodyear Wrangler P235-75 R15 when it wasn't purchased NEW. At least when someone buys themselves new tires they know where they have been.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It’s no different than judging the tires that came with a used vehicle. I can easily get a feel fit tires with 75% tread, regardless of who paid for them.

I challenge everyone to check their tire pressures today.
Now we have BEAT this one to death
Their are probably a few guys on here that remember those sandals from the early 1970's that had a piece of old tire for the sole ? Wouldn't it be cool to have some work boots with real tire tread sole? They might last more than 6 months for a change!

I think that the important point of this discussion is everyone needs to be consciously aware of the condition their tires and this goes for brakes and steering too (also).
be careful out there folks/people/aliens!

I want some of these...
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...4297&cjevent=b9d72a1118b011e98350007f0a24060c
:burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

I absolutely love the Cooper Discoverer AT3s. they last what seems like forever, and they're quiet and have good traction in any terrain. I've convinced several people also to purchase sets, they love them as much as I do.

I absolutely love the Cooper Discoverer AT3s. they last what seems like forever, and they're quiet and have good traction in any terrain. I've convinced several people also to purchase sets, they love them as much as I do.

The Tire Rack has those all on clearance sale, the basic AT3 I think is being replaced. They had three versions of them for around $88 to $109 each, different plies etc.

The AT3 is undergoing a redesign, I've seen the new design but the model won't come for the life of me. They'll be the next big thing though, everybody here has the Discoverers.

I was debating between the 4S and the LT models. The LT is a heavier load/plies tire, another $25 each, and I settled on the 4S last month when eBay had a 15% off day. I like them so far, but the test will be how long they last. I just finished off the old AT3's, they went about 11 months for me. I liked those better than the Michelin's, same lifespan but better priced. These 4S tires ran $121 each shipped, so about $550 mounted.

Back