97 xlt 6disc console changer issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 xlt 6disc console changer issue

djembeing

Reaction score
City, State
Ashland KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Ranger Sport, 97 EX
I was wondering if anyone would have an idea of what's going on here.
I can listen to any CD in the 6 disc changer and sometimes it will kinda fade to fuzzy static, then switch to the radio. Then, I'll press the CD button and the display says " NO CD". I can eject the cartridge and put it back in and it will work again.
Sometimes, it will konk out within a few minutes or seconds, sometimes it will last a few days.
I'm pretty good with fixing stuff, so if someone can give a little insight I (and my wife) would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you
Dave

Steps to "fixing" this issue.
#1- Get hammer
#2- Slam hammer against changer
#3-24 Repeat step #2
#25- Replace changer with a USB capable component.
#26- Enjoy

Sorry for the antagonistic approach. Really, I haven't the foggiest idea on this on, but sounds to me like it would be easier simply to replace with a new unit.

best answer

best answer so far. How does that type of stuff hook into the existing audio system? I would like to keep the radio/tape and be able to use those controls. But USB all the way

I have the same problem with my '97 Sport, I was just looking in this forum to get ideas about replacing the whole stereo all together because I don't care for all the problems and I would really like to use my have a stereo where I can charge and control my Ipod through the radio.

Mine 6 disc changer really acts up when it's hot out and have to eject the magazine over and over again. I am almost to the 'get the hammer' approach....almost....

Back