98 Explorer Sport alarm keeps going off even while driving | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 Explorer Sport alarm keeps going off even while driving

Brock81

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer Sport
My car wouldn't start yesterday morning. I jumped it, and it started right up, but the alarm (which I didn't know it had) started going off, even with the key in the ignition and the car driving. I thought I may just need a new battery and replaced it this morning, but the problem continues. There is no key fob. Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?

My car wouldn't start yesterday morning. I jumped it, and it started right up, but the alarm (which I didn't know it had) started going off, even with the key in the ignition and the car driving. I thought I may just need a new battery and replaced it this morning, but the problem continues. There is no key fob. Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?
I don't know if the first and second gen have the alarm housed in the same location, but on the first gen it is located beneath the rear cargo window on the driver's side. There is a wire to jump back here to program new fobs. In this day and age finding new remotes shouldn't be terribly expensive and they are easy to program. I paid $10 for a new first gen fob and programmed it in under five minutes. At least with a new fob you'll be able to stop the alarm while you're rolling along.

Back